Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Florida 2010

Last month we didn't think we'd have a chance to go again this year. Talk about spoiled. But spoiled mixed in with a WHOLE lotta grateful.



It's just awesome (for lack of a better word) for Aaron to have a chance to return to a place he grew up going to---a place that is filled with so many good family memories. I feel so lucky that I now have an opportunity to jump into these scenes with my incredible in-law family. SO fun.



Last year (click here if you wanna see his cuteness) we took Spencer with us, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I missed him or didn't talk about him all.the.live.long.day while we were there because I kept recalling memories of last year at every turn, but I will fully admit it was relaxing and wonderful to chill with Aaron and his super-cool folks.

There isn't a whole lot to do in Captiva Island, Florida. It's A LOT of down time on this very small island...but we totally made do ;)








I was able to re-visit my "happy place"



The boys had baseball with a view...


and they played ipad games every chance they got


We had SUCH fun playing Dominos with longtime family friends Bob & Jo Carter. A ridiculous amount of fun!


We celebrated Aaron turning another year older



Two "old birds" took in views (his words, not mine! lol)


We layed in the sun so much, my toes actually came back a pale pink compared to neon when I left :)



And of course it was so nice to have down time with Aaron






I have such incredible friends: thank you to Laura, Alissa, Brenna & Andrea for being my "back-ups" for Chase & other kids during the week and of course we couldn't do anything without my parents stepping up to be Mom & Dad #2 and being so willing to provide Aaron and I with a getaway. When we were hesitant to leave, they were basically pushing us out the door. And of course thank you to Aaron's folks. Words can't express how much this meant to us!

2 comments:

Bren said...

Oh I LOVE all the pictures of Florida, you guys look so relaxed. What a fun trip, so glad you got to go. And so glad I can now leave you a comment without being a stalker... LOL! Great post!

Shirley said...

Hi Marcy,
Great pictures and it was interesting that there is hardly anyone else in the background shots. It is as if we had it all to ourselves.
Shirley