Monday, December 21, 2009

Florida (belated, big time)

In October Aaron's folks (aka: best in-laws in the world) invited us to go to Captiva Island, Florida with them for a week. This time-share condo has been in the family for years...since Aaron was a little boy. He grew up coming here and Aaron and I had been one other time before in 2003. We were thrilled to get to go back.

Meet heaven:



This time, we took this kid and had an absolute blast with him. Six year old boys named Spencer are so cool.


We also took an underwater camera, also very cool.




We played in the pool




We ate



We took in views:







We shelled and swam in the ocean. It's amazing how different the beaches are on the gulf coast. Shells everywhere and warm, calm water.








We celebrated Aaron turning another year older


We tanned and talked and I finished two books!





Oh, and while there, I totally found my happy place...


Many thanks to my parents for keeping our other two rugrats safe in Cali so we could go and enjoy this time together with Mom & Daddy Mac. And thank you to my in-laws for this opportunity. What a memory!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Your a punk. That's all I have to say.







Really, I am glad you had a good time. I am REALLY jealous, but, my day will come, right? Oh, and you look HOT in those pictures!!

CinnaPatty said...

Wow girl, looks fabulous! I love the picture of the three of you under the umbrella. You in the sun and your in-laws in the shade. Hee hee!

Valley Girl said...

I am glad it was a belated post... cause there is nother more fun to look at than beach pictures when snow is falling outside. It makes me remember other seasons will come...

looks like a great trip!
What books did you read... were they good? I'm looking for a really good read.

Marcie said...

What a great trip! I love the pic of all the seashells and of you in your "happy place." :) P.S. Also how special to have one-on-one time with your oldest.

Crystel said...

How FUN! What a great experience and its neat that Spencer was able to make such good memories with you guys.