Monday, November 1, 2010

Inflatables

Inflatables. Who knew they'd be such a BIG part of our Halloween weekend?!

So it started with the "Boo Bash" at our elementary school Friday night. It's quite the event they have every year, and the proceeds go to the school PTA, so we're all for that. Even though Daddy was MIA in San Francisco for work, I trecked it on over to the school to enjoy some carnival fun with my Obi Wan Kanobe, A Good Witch & GI Joe.

The first stop, I was told, HAD to be the inflatable slide. It was the biggest and baddest thing there and the kids were all for it. All three of them, all for it. I honestly didn't give it much thought, just handed them their tickets and told both Leda & Spencer to "help your brother up, okay?"

Little did I know the "helping him up" was gonna be the easy part.

Once at the top, Chase FREAKED out. He was screaming so hysterically, that most everyone in line was wondering if he'd been hurt. I knew he hadn't...he's just my kid. My very ornery, stubborn and LOUD kid who clearly was being introduced to something (ie: big, scary slide) that he wasn't about to go down. And my heart sunk.




I then watched Leda & Spencer happily abandon their brother to enjoy the ride down.

Niiice.

Once they hit bottom, I then sent Spencer back UP to drag his brother DOWN. I'm not against saving my 4-year old myself, it's just that I was in a DRESS, so you see going UP the slide (and DOWN for that matter) would have been mighty difficult.

So Spencer did his best, even tried pulling Chase by the arms to get him to come down, but he just wasn't gonna budge. With a line a mile long behind me, I knew I had to go up. So I tucked my dress up and through my legs and did what any good mother would do: climbed up, and drug my kid down kicking and screaming and clawing his way out of my arms. Good times. Also good times when you notice that your dress is just about up around high mid-thigh as you slide at light speed towards the bottom. Awesome. I was kinda mortified.

Mothers deserve medals for stunts like this.

We were able to recover and had a decent time. I won't lie, it wasn't the best time, or even a good time. The music was loud, the lines were long and the kids were crabby and hungry. Plus, I spilled shaved ice juice all over my toes---and I was wearing flip flops. Soo, we left after we blew through the rest of our already purchased tickets while I was kinda cursing my husbands name for being MIA during this whole adventure!

Don't we look happy though? ;)



Memory made.

So fast forward to Saturday: Our cute little neighbor Athena turned "one" on Halloween, and our family was invited to "Scooter's Jungle" to help her celebrate.

Aaron and I fully expected to just sit there with the other parents and watch the kiddos (minus Chase of course) have fun on all the inflatable slides...but to our surprise, the parents were invited to participate.

Woop Woop!

Chase warmed up (after seriously being dragged up AND down a few times by us) and we all ended up having THE BEST time.









Athena is cute little Snow White :)




Luckily Ramon (Athena's Daddy) had his camera to help us capture some of our fun. It was so nice to be there with friends & the neighborhood kids to enjoy some GOOD ol' fun on some BIG ol' slides!



And Chase totally redeemed himself ;)

4 comments:

Emily Judd said...

wow what an adventure! Chase sounds so much like Easton. Easton hates anything new! I'm glad he redeemed himself and realized how fun those slides can be! :)

FreitasFour said...

Cute, cute, cute! I laughed out loud... I'm sorry you had to rescue Chase... in a dress. You totally deserve a Mommy medal! You're family is so darling! I love your new pictures! Love this post!

Tracy said...

I love this post. Very funny and I feel like I can totally relate to it.

Carrie said...

Oh that bubbies! How we love him so! And I too had a similar experience with saving a child from a climbing aparatus! Although I was huge and preggo and had to climb up into an indoor playland! Fun times! Ya, we mom's do deserve a metal!