Monday, November 22, 2010

Disneyland with my crew

Last year we were so graciously given most of our family of five Disneyland passes as a gift...and they expire soon...and the McLendon family will not be re-newing this year...so we've been CRAMMING in Disney like the parks closing it's doors for good!

Most everyone in the state of CA attended Disneyland today, but that didn't stop my crew and I from having a great time despite the crowds.

I love Disneyland with all the Christmas decor. And when we walked in, the band was marching up and down Mainstreet playing Christmas carols. Are you kidding me? I about cried.





Photo op with Minnie


And a chipmunk. Chip or Dale? Can you tell?


It's a Small World all decked out for the Holidays




Then we met up with our good friends the Eks at California Adventure for some fun!


We also ran into Woody and an army man, too.



Carousel shot



And last but not least: Spencer's favorite ride of all time is the big coaster: California Screamin'...and every time we go, he can't ride it because I'm with his siblings who are both too young AND too chicken to ride. Not to mention, I'm the one chicken, as well. I believe the last time I was on that ride, I hadn't given birth to ANY of my children yet. You do the math.

So today I had the idea to ask Spencer if he was okay riding solo, and then check with the Disney folks to see if it was possible that I put him on coaster myself and then wait for him promptly at the exit. And everyone involved here said yes! Score!

So my boy rode the coaster ALL by himself. And had a ball.


Lately I'm just eating up these moments with my kids while they are this young. Not that you have to go to Disneyland to enjoy these moments....you don't. I don't. But I so enjoy living life through their little eyes and I kinda hate to think that one day they might not be this excited to be hanging out with their old Mom all day long. Sigh.

But for now I'll choose to not think about that part.
And cherish the memory the four of us made today.
Oh, and I'll also choose to not think about the tantrum that Leda threw on the way out of the park. I almost had to carry her to the car. That would have been a pretty photo op, eh?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Very cute! I also love Disneyland during the holidays. We will be going again soon.

P.S. it's Dale- he has the red nose. Chip has a black nose.

Laura Ek said...

So Fun! Still so proud of Spencer, serious daredevil!

Amber said...

wow- You're making me soooo excited to come! It's -7 here tonight so the warmer temps look AWESOME!!!