It varied between 80-86 degrees here in these parts this past Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
That's DECEMBER 11th, 12th & 13th for those that need the reminder that it's WINTER here.
Okay, so it's not all that shocking to have this heat wave happen during the "winter months" here in California. The day I brought home my firstborn from the hospital on January 31, 2003 it was a whopping 91 degrees. Blech.
And I'm not blogging about this warmth to brag, mind you. Really, I'm not. Ask anyone in my family and they'll tell you that I get REALLY grumpy when the sun invades my winter time experience. I turn into a real Grinch.
(And yes, I'm well aware that I must be living in the wrong state to not be able to fully appreciate the beauty of the sun coming out)
So what does one do when it's HOT outside? You take your turkeys to the pool, no?
Nevermind that it was December 13th. 
They didn't seem to mind.
(Man I just love their little bodies and warm, happy smiles. These shots almost chased the "grinchness" right out of me!)
Oh and the next day after this above photo shoot it was 68 degrees and DRIZZLY. Ahh, California snow and my winter had returned. And Ugg boot wearing had resumed:
Thank.you.very.much.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
The 80s
Posted by Marcy at 11:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Marcy my dear... what I would not give for your weather tonight. It is below zero at this moment with clear skies! BRRRR! Wanna come visit?
Swimming? really? Wow. That is not a December I have ever experienced in my lifetime. How fun though. I love the beginning of winter, but the boys and I get cabin fever pretty bad at the end. Spring is a joyous day at our house. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment