Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference Sunday

This weekend was so nice. Aaron and I enjoy the two times a year where what's called General Conference of our church is televised and we get to hear from our Prophet and other Priesthood Leaders.

This morning the kids were all about helping me make waffles.


Breakfast in front of the TV to enjoy the first session of conference...


Afterwards we decorated the front of our house for Halloween. This is the only time of year where I appreciate the big, ugly shrubs in our front yard. They sure do come in handy to hang my favorite cheap-o decorations (that I've recycled year after year...I think the newspapers that the ghosts are stuffed with are from 2005!)

Our neighbor walking by offered to snap a family shot, and I'm grateful to have it cause I think this family of mine is pretty cute!


The afternoon session was just as good as the morning. And Aaron and I commented that it was the first time EVER where our kids took real interest in what was being said over the pulpit. (for short intervals, of course)



Oh, and Lucy enjoyed herself too.


Yay for a relaxing & uplifting weekend! We sure needed it.

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

sounds like the perfect Sunday!

I look forward to the day when my kids listen at least a little bit to what is being said!

Laura Ek said...

I love that picture of you and Aaron's feet cudling on the couch while your kids sit still! That's quite amazing!