We did things a bit out of order this birthday because Grandma McLendon was in town and we wanted her to be a part of the festivities!
We celebrated a bit early at a family birthday party at Chuck E.'s place. We were so grateful for the grandparents being there! We missed you Daddy Mac.
He wanted me to make him a puppy dog cake this year...easy enough!
Opened presents complete with christmas wrapping!(a scooter from grandma & grandmpa M, a most coveted pillow pet from grandma & grandpa D, and a buzz lightyear from his family to sleep with)
And his dear sisters reaction to him receiving the coveted pillow pet? Kinda priceless. She needed a big lesson that night (stinker) but I wanna remember it always so I can look back and giggle:
the party guests (aka: siblings) got their wiggles out
And the birthday boy had a great family birthday party and parents had no prep or mess to clean up. Win/Win!
Fast forward a few days and you get the birthday boy at breakfast---complete with his request of a homemade Orange Julius..jpg)
After church (and plenty of spoiling from our terrific primary and his teacher Sister Allen) we had Grandma & Grandpa over for dinner and cake. You can never have too much cake!.jpg)
.jpg)
And the obligatory birthday family picture in our designated spot that I realize isn't that great of a shot, but feel I must post since it's for posterity. .jpg)
The next day he got to celebrate again at preschool with homemade doggie treats. (look close, his eyes match the plate, ahhh--love those greens!).jpg)
What a way to ring in the good old year of four, eh? I can't believe my baby is four.
Some things I want to rememember about Chase at this age:
-He has a bit of trouble saying the "S" sound in front of words like this: Spencer is "Pencer" and Scooter is "cooter"...He sounds so cute and is already starting to fix this, I'll admit I might be a little sad to see this go.
-He rides his bike and scooter better than any of the other kids did at his age. He's quite coordinated.
-He's very sensitive and intuitive.
-He still requests a song when I tuck him in at night.
-Chase has the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen.
-Whenever he's told to put on his shoes, 9 times out of 10 he will put them on the wrong feet. Doesn't matter if it's his converse, his thongs, his church shoes, or the fact he's done it a hundred times...he will most likely put them on the wrong feet and not see a thing wrong with what he's done.
-He's afraid of monsters and wakes up about 3 times a week, afraid of those darn things.
-He bites at his fingernails despite every effort to get him to stop. I haven't had to cut them in about 6 months.
-He LOVES Nutella, any kind of soup, will eat salad before digging into his meal and often requests seconds of salad no matter what else we're having for dinner.
-He is still our most stubborn & stoic little boy, but we know that he loves us even though we are going through quite the phase lately. Seems like there is always some sort of phase with this one!
-He hates any solo attention on himself. He gets embarrassed really easily if you make too big a deal of something he's done.
-He loves to sleep with his shirt off like his big brother and he hates socks.
-He's deathly afraid of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland, but we still drag him on it each and every time.
-He has the sweetest giggle and LOVES to be silly and make his siblings laugh.
-And he still does this thing with me and hope he never stops: While hugging him tight I say, "I got a bubbies!"---and then he says, "And I loooove him". This will make no sense to you, but it's our thing and I love it.
What would we do without our bubs? We sure do love this crazy kid of ours!.jpg)
Monday, October 4, 2010
Chase turns 4
Posted by Marcy at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that he always has his shirt off in his morning pictures! And you always make the cutest birthday cakes...I could learn a thing or two from you! Happy bday Chase!
Happy Bday to Chase! That kid sure had an awesome bday! I love all that you do for your kids. You are one awesome mom, let me tell ya! Those doggie treats looked amazing. Loved reading the little facts about Chase, too. He's such a little cutie!!
He can't be 4!! Wowee this has been a fast four years eh? Yes those 3rd ones do sneak up on you..stinkers!
Post a Comment