UPDATE: Carter was released from the hospital today. They have determined that he had a severe bacterial infection as all the other tests for worse things came up negative. He's still hurting a bit, but not dehydrated anymore and is most definitely on the up and up. Thanks everyone (who posted and called me or Carrie) for your care and concern!
********
My sweet little 6 year old nephew Carter is in the hospital in Utah. He's been sick and is severely dehydrated and although blood tests have determined it isn't mono or even worse, leukemia...they still aren't quite sure what's wrong.
Breaks my heart. 
I know a lot of you know my sister, so if you happen to glance at this post and feel so inclined, I know prayers would be appreciated!
I also just found out that I have a dear family friend battling a very serious illness. Man alive, when it rains it pours! I feel as though I've been punched in the stomach and all these things even aren't happening to me directly, just to people I love and care about. I am grateful that we have the power of prayer and am currently calling on its powers for everyone involved.
Health is not something to ever take for granted, as I know many of you know & have experienced first hand. Sigh.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Prayers
Posted by Marcy at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry!! I'm so sad about Carter! We will definitely remember him in our prayers. Keep us posted, and please let us know if there is ANYTHING else we can do...
i'm sorry Marcy! that is incredibly hard, even if it's not happening directly to you! I will for sure you guys in our prayers!!!
Oh my goodness!!!! I had NO clue! I even called Carrie today to just chat . . . I knew that Carter had thrown up or something yesterday, but didn't think it was serious. . . he will DEFINITELY be in my prayers!!! Thanks for letting us know! Keep us posted, since I'm sure Carrie is going to be too busy to worry about anything else than her precious family and Carter. If you talk with her, let her know that Carter is in our prayers!
Oh my goodness! Definately sending prayers their way.
Post a Comment