...is that I'm realizing that my hardest child, really isn't that hard at all.
Currently, my inner voice is screaming at me: "what in the world were you thinking getting a dog?!"
and then I see captured images like these...
...where I'm reminded exactly why I did this. So I'll push forward, aiming for the end result where my children have fond memories of growing up with a family dog.
And just so we're clear: it's not all bad. She's not barking nearly as much, had only a handful of accidents, has slept through the night in her crate since day one and I don't feel tied down to the house as much as I did the first three days.
But the best perk of all? There have been more family walks, more laughter and more togetherness this week than ever before.
I love my family...yes, even this little mut I call Luc'.
Monday, March 15, 2010
The one good thing about having a dog...
Posted by Marcy at 9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Marcy--Can you send me your phone number? I lost my phone and had to get a new one, but don't have anyone's numbers! I'm waiting for people to call me! But I figure this is an easy way to get yours! We have considered a dog--right now it's a big NO--Andy and I don't want one, but the kids desperately want one...what to do...
You got a dog? That is crazy, but so much fun. My sister got a dog and it took about 6 months for things to settle down, now they are back to normal life....can't wait to meet Lucy!
Post a Comment