Spencer's learned to ride a bike!
I realize that most 6 year olds are riding bikes by now, but the reason this is such a big deal to us is because up until yesterday, Spencer was SO freaked out to ride his bike---even with training wheels on. He just isn't the most coordinated child and he felt very uneasy on a bike. His razor scooter was much more comfortable for him and so that's all he's been riding these last six months. Honestly, he hasn't touched his bike in about that long.
So now you can see why the fact that he learned to ride a bike completely on his own with no help from his parents is such a big deal to us!
He was out riding scooters with his friend Jose in the front yard (Jose's mom Gloria was out watching the kids while I was inside) and all of a sudden Spencer comes running in the house yelling, "MOM, MOM I learned to ride a bike, all by myself, come see!"
(Truth be told, I didn't believe him)
But here's the proof:.jpg)
He just decided he'd give Jose's bike a try and took off on his very first try. Gloria then helped me find a tool so we could take off his training wheels so he could practice on his own bike, and that was that!.jpg)
He's loving his new found freedom and riding with his friend Jose and we sure do love seeing him so happy and proud of himself. .jpg)
Yay for milestones!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
What a stud!
Posted by Marcy at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
will agree Spencer is a stud!!! Jt STILL hasn't mastered the bike thing...guess i should work with him.
Give spencer a high five for me!
What a pro! I love how you added words to the photos. Did you use Scrapbook Factory?
What a big guy! That's on my list of things to teach next summer... Maybe I'll get lucky too and he'll do it all by himself!
YES!!! that is awesome! Ok, now it's official..Kai is THE only (almost) 6 year old that cannot ride without training wheels. Uh oh! I better get a move on that one. Totally on the same page with his razor, etc. Good job, Spencer! You are a studly boy!
Awesome! Kyler is still tentative with the training wheels but has vastly improved this summer... thanks to some help from grandpa. :)
Post a Comment