Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Utah-day 3

Monday, August 17th---my birthday! It was fun to celebrate with my sister this year...it's been a while since we've been together on occasions like these.

That morning we took the children to a photo shoot. My friend Alysha used to live here in Aliso Viejo but moved to Utah (right around the corner from Carrie) a few years ago. She's a photographer and it turned out that she was wanting to build up her portfolio and needed children models the exact same week I was to be in town---so I volunteered mine! lol

It was a lot of fun, Alysha did a great job and it was fun to see her since it'd been a while. For a sneak peak of her excellent work, go HERE. We were really pleased to be able to get some cousin pictures taken. Thanks Alysha!

During the cousin photo shoot, we told (bribed) the children that if they were good we'd take them to Chuck E. Cheese. And so off we went!


me with my kids and my nephews (McKay-10, Carter-6 and Gabe 17months)




What a way to spend turning 32, eh? I think I was trying to still be a kid. I can be a kid at 32, right? ;)

That night my mom and sister made me a spaghetti dinner and we celebrated along with my Grandma and Uncle Dennis. Good times.



Our makeshift kid table worked pretty well



Chase and Gabe certainly enjoyed the grub



And Leda's just like her Mom---she goes straight for the warm french bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Ahhh, nothing better. Honestly.


My sister Carrie and sister in law Blythe (Rob's wife)---beautiful girls, eh?



Me and my Grandma Joy

And to top off the evening, they ordered a fresh strawberry pie from the "Pie Lady" in Springville. This 85 year old grandma makes fresh pies out of her home for...get this...only $8 a pie! We discovered her a few months back (for Robs wedding) and so now it's a tradition to get a pie (or two, or three) whenever we are in Utah.

Her strawberry pie does NOT disappoint.







Only thing that would have made this day more perfect was to have had Aaron there. I missed celebrating with him, but my family did a great job of spoiling me. Good fun.

And speaking of spoiled: my group gift from the family was a sewing machine. I'm so excited, it was just what I wanted. Thanks everyone! Now here's hoping I remember how to use one...

2 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

Um yes please on that pie! I would rather have pie anyday over cake. Love it! You look banging in all of those pics! Seriously! I love Carrie too!

Elizabeth said...

how sad marcy! i didn't even know it was your birthday, I"m so sorry! i"m glad you got to celebrate with your family though! And i"m with brooke, that pie looked delicious!!