Wednesday, September 2, 2009

UT-day 4 Cowabunga Bay

Tuesday, August 18th we had SUCH a great day. Maybe it was because my sister and I were both without our youngest kiddos?

Ya, that could have had something to do with it.

My mom so graciously watched Gabe and Chase so that the rest of the family could go to Drapers new water park "Cowabunga Bay"



Despite the water slide water being freeeezing (seriously, SO cold)...a good time was had by all. Especially the boys. They loved the freedom of being able to ride around the lazy river all by themselves and only having to check in with us every so often. I was a brave mom that day and tried to chill out and let Spencer have fun with his cousins.


Carrie and I sat in these chairs most of the afternoon and talked. Heaven.


Leda found a way to relax pretty quickly





My cute sister Carrie with her 6 year old Carter


Ahh cousins. I love it.



It was fun to bring Grandpa along for the fun. He's such a good sport!



Above Grandpa's head here is a big giant bucket of water that would dump about every 60 seconds, and Grandpa was trying to get a giggle out of the kids by letting them think he was going to stand there and get drenched:

picture one--



picture two---is he really gonna just stand there and take it?


picture three----uh nope! lol The kids thought Grandpa was hysterical. We love our silly grandpa.



Spencer rode his first BIG water ride. This kid has no fear. Here are his battle wounds to prove it. (look close on his shoulder blades) Funny thing is, he had no idea he got hurt, I just saw the bruises on his back after he got off the ride. He's one tough kid, I tell you.



And Leda rode her first waterslide. I was so impressed, it was small, but a tube and everything!


This pool water was warmer than the waterslides and situated right in front of the chairs we were sitting in so it was a perfect way for the kids to play and the adults to relax!



Thanks Cowabunga Bay for a great time! We'll see you next year hopefully...man I wish they had something like this around here. Wild Rivers is SO darn expensive.





Oh and thanks Momma for watching the 2 and 1 year olds so we could have some fun in the sun! xoxo

5 comments:

Kim Messick said...

What a great time with the family! I think your Dad is funny too! You and Carrie look so cute!

Crystel said...

Sisters really are the best. I'm so glad you guys got some time to hang out together. :)

Barbara said...

Wow, what a cool water park! How fun that you got to be in UT with all your family for your bday. That strawberry pie looked delish! How funny that your dad flew up while your mom rode in the car with you! Classic! Let's get together soon girl!

Marcie said...

That water park looks awesome! We need one here in Murrieta...

Emily said...

Hey, hey! I didn't know that your dad made the trip! That's great you were all able to be together (well, minus the good hubby)! I'll have to hit that water park next summer. So glad you guys had a fun trip!
xoxo