Tonight I came across these really old pictures by chance and whoa did it ever take me back!
This was a trip to Disneyland when Spencer was just two and Leda was about 5 months old. It was 2005. In fact, this was the very day (the very outing) where Aaron kindly suggested to me that I may be pregnant again. And it was because of all the excessive bathroom trips I took while out walking around the park. I was so in denial. A few days after this was taken, I took a pregnancy test and confirmed that indeed, Chase was on his way...surprise!
Spencer was such a cute two year old. He's always had such big, inquisitive eyes!
And speaking of eyes, check out Leda's baby blues...
They were this bright and blue until she turned 15 months old. Maybe Chase's birth and subsequent screaming and colic at that time had something to do with Leda's eyes turning (kidding)...don't get me wrong, I love her hazel eyes, but truth be told I kinda miss these beautiful blues... I was hoping at least one child of ours would keep their Daddy's eyes.
Isn't she a doll? I miss her at this age. She was the best baby, so calm and so happy!
Wow, what a trip this was for me! More and more each day I'm realizing how fast my children are growing up. And while it's exciting to see them change and grow, I want it to stop at the same time. Does that make any sense?
Big Sigh.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Taking me back
Posted by Marcy at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Totally with you on this one Marcy. I need more time to enjoy the blissful moments but can't wait for the next milestone. Leda is the cutest little thing. Love those big beautiful eyes.
That last pic will always remind me of bbc! Love them- so cute. It's fun to look back :)
I agree with Sara. I remember that picture of Leda being your profile picture for the longest time! Trips down memory lane are so fun and so heartbreaking at the same time...
I can relate.. makes me so sad. But at the same time, I am loving watching my kids grow up and develop their talents and such. Seeing these pictures of Leda and Spencer makes me get a pit in my stomach. She was such a beautiful baby! Now, she is such a beautiful little girl! And Spencer was and still is such an inquisitive little boy!
Gorgeous eyes!
ok . . .not fair . . .sitting in the hospital waiting room and bawling! I'm sure people think I just heard bad news! Those priceless pictures. such memories. . . .
Post a Comment