Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer bikin'

When we moved to our neighborhood almost five years ago, we had no idea how much fun it'd be for our children once they were older.

There are so many fun friends to play with and our safe little culdesac with a slope that slants a bit downward is especially conducive for some good bikin'.

Spencer digs his razor scooter and is oh so fast!





Leda loves her Dora bike (and has proven to be our most coordinated child)






And then there's Chase. Those of you who know Chase know that he is quite the character. Notice here that there isn't a lot of riding going on...but he did find something to keep him entertained...




need a closer look? Yep, a snail. A dead one.




I told him it was dead and that he should put it down because it's yucky, so what'd he do? He threw it in the street and ran over it with his bike. Ewww. Boys can be so disgusting.

Oh and I'm sure Chase will just love me later for these pictures on a hot pink push bike, but that's kind of the price you pay for having an older sister right ahead of you in birth order, right?

I do promise though that I will not pass on to him the Dora bike. I'm not that mean of a mommy!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm laughing right now at Chase! He is such a cutie pie and a stinker at the same time!! Yes, boys can be so stinky... but I LOVE it! Nothing better than a stinky sweaty hug from a little boy who has just had the time of his life playing outside!! Priceless! Oh, and might I add that you could have SO much more fun if you move here, to Utah, on MY street sitting outside on MY driveway (or yours being that it is 2 doors down from me) watching our kids ride scooters and bikes! That would be a little slice of heaven!! HEAVEN I tell ya!!

Carrie said...

Ok. I just looked close at the picture of Chase with the dead snail! Look at the pure joy on that little boys face! It's as if he has found gold! Ah, the joys of summer!!

Moka said...

You've just gotta love little boys!

Elizabeth said...

haha, I love Chase's bike! how fun for you to live in a culdesac! I sooo wish I did too!!

L4GWTW said...

Marcy and Aaron I just added your blog to my site under friends so now I can keep up with your family ;) Not like Marcus ever gives me any updates... visit mine too when you get a chance Stacey Paxman http://l4gwtw.blogspot.com/

brooke said...

Gotta love little boys! Oh and I am proud of you for at least letting Leda have things like pink push bikes and Dora bikes. I never got them because they had to be passed down to my brother next so they always had to be gender neutral (and you can't tell I'm not still bitter about that at all!). So good for you for letting Leda be a girl!

camille said...

heeeehheeeeeee! Marcy, you are so funny! Love the pink bike on Chase! You could even top that with a t-shirt with "Leda" on it and then put him on the bike! Hand-me-down heaven!!

Crystel said...

I forgot about the snails there. I don't miss those.