Our weekend started out with a family BBQ with the Kagy family, our longtime friends. We grew up with their kids.
It was fun to see Ryan and his family and get caught up. Here's Leda with Ryan's daughter Katie. Isn't it cute that girls can be friends right off the bat at this age? Loved it.
Now onto Sunday. Despite the fact that I spoke in church, taught a Relief Society lesson AND Aaron was home sick in bed...it was a great day!
It was so nice to have my sister and her family in town, and especially on father's day.
Here's how our day went:
We served breakfast in bed to a sick Daddy. He appreciated it, appreciated the cards, and then really appreciated us all leaving so he could go back to feeling crappy and having some peace and quiet in bed. Poor guy. .jpg)
I took the kids to church and did my thing. Whew, was I ever glad when my responsibilities were over!
After church, and after Aaron had a few advil and a nap in him, he managed to make it over to my folks house for a Father's Day feast!.jpg)
Here is Aaron sporting his Father's Day gift. I tried to be that cool wife and get my husband a cool, fun toy...and while I know Aaron appreciated my efforts, the gift didn't go over as well as I thought. The scooter works great going downhill, but is a little hard for an adult to manuever uphill. .jpg)
Oh well, the kids love it and Spencer is now the hit of the neighborhood as we honestly have random kids knocking at our door asking to borrow this little beauty :).jpg)
Me and my sister with our Dad. He's the best. I love you Dad! .jpg)
I also need to give a shout out to my terrific father-in-law Dave (aka: Daddy Mac). He's so witty and I really appreciate the loving relationship he has with us from afar. He is craking me up lately on facebook and I get the biggest kick out of him and the things he says. I love you Daddy Mac!
I love being with this guy here. He's just so calming and fun to be with. I love you Aaron..jpg)
Thank you for being such a good Father to our kids. We are so blessed to have you. .jpg)
.jpg)
I hope your Father's Day was terrific too!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Father's Day weekend
Posted by Marcy at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute post! First of all...Aaron rocks the short hair cut & secondly...this is the FIRST time I've seen you in a hat in 21 years! I'm a fan!
you guys are so cute! that really stinks that Aaron was sick for Father's day, but how fun that you have your parents so close to celebrate with them! i love the present you got him, it looks like a lot of fun!!
I've been known to ramble myself;)
To answer your questions... Andy's was kind of the same as what you described. He had reddish circles under his eyes that weren't always there, but then they stayed that way for a month. The doctor said to do Zyrtec and he still looked awful after a week. We did Benedryl and Claritin too. Nothing helped (now it's weeks later, numerous calls to the dr. later, and still nothing).
To be honest, they didn't really care until the day my mom came to visit and his eye completely swelled shut. I freaked and took him to the Ped. without an appt. (because they NEVER wanted to see him when I called). When they saw it they realized how bad it was and ended up giving him a steroid shot to make him better.
BUT, the eye swelling shut was the DOG allergy. I'm 100% convinced I wouldn't know anything and they wouldn't have done the blood test with just the seasonal allergy reaction.
Even his Dr. said he wasn't concerned about the way he 'looked' but he was concerned about the way he acted...which was screaming and rubbing his eyes.
So...now I KNOW, which helps with the dog allergy. But the seasonal??? There still isn't really anything they can do. They gave me some heavy duty eye drops for him, but his eyes have looked better this past week without them. (Brandon's doing better too, so I think the seasonal part is ending)
Anyway, good luck to you! For some reason they are really stickler on those allergy tests!!! I say take him in at his WORST without an appointment and freak out;). I feel so bad for these little guys!
Post a Comment