Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend

It was very nice to have Aaron home with us for three days in a row. Here's glimpse into our really great weekend:

On Friday we grabbed some burgers and went to the beach. It was so fun going to the beach with Daddy. That hardly ever happens!


Sandcastles...



The family shot


Our Saturday was the best. In the morning we listed (and sold!) a few things on craigslist and organized the house a bit. Then in the afternoon we took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the local $2 movie and they had a BALL. I love that my children are finally at an age where they can somewhat sit (Chase has issues) in a movie theater and enjoy themselves. Fun!



Then it was onto Grandma and Grandpa's house for a BBQ. Mom always does such a good job making things so festive. My contributions (pasta salad and spinach artichoke dip) didn't hold a candle to her yummy food! Will I ever be as good a hostess as her?


Uh, I think our kids enjoyed the grub...







A quick picture on the way out to see fireworks:


Oh Look! Grandma/pa's neighbors doing illegal fireworks, cool!




We found the BEST spot for watching the Laguna Niguel fireworks (thanks Em) and I'm not telling you locals where it is for fear next year will be too crowded ;)


buuut, I can be bribed if you really want to know...



It really was a perfect weekend together as a family. We're so grateful for each other and that we live in this country to be able to enjoy the freedoms that we do. When we were saying our prayers one night, I had Spencer ask, "What are freedoms?" and it was a good opportunity and perfect time to talk to him about the freedoms we enjoy and why we get to enjoy them.

Happy Fourth of July!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Bribes or no bribes...you CANNOT tell anyone about the fireworks spot, missy!!! If it's crowded next year, I will know why & hunt you down!

(and cute post by the way)
;)

Elizabeth said...

sounds like a really fun 4th! wasn't monster's vs. aliens such a cute movie too? I always forget about the cheap movies, i need to start going there!

Barbara said...

Your family is really adorable. I love your beach attire. Looking very svelte Marc! :) All your Mom's grub just made me hungry!! What kind of bribes do you accept for giving up your secret. ;)

brooke said...

Oh it looks like you guys had such a fun weekend. Its great to have family around to celebrate with.

Erin said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Where is the $2 movie theater?

Carrie said...

I wish I was there to enjoy the beach and moms yummy food. Glad you all had fun. I love Leda's hair! She looks so grown up!

The Glitter Sisters said...

How do I not know where the cheap movie theater is? I'm like a tourist. Seriously I'm still getting to know my way around AV. My husand thinks I'm lying when I say I grew up here ;)

Emily said...

I love Craigslist! I'm so glad you had such a fun 4th. I don't think I took a single pic. Bummer.

Mom D said...

Let's do it all over again! It was so much fun. Although you give yourself too little credit for your delicious food contributions . . .Chicken Pasta Salad . . .Yummmmmmm

Emily said...

That pic of Leda looking at the fireworks totally looks like you when you were young...your legs!! Too cute! What a fun 4th!!
We definitely need to do some of our list together!! ; ) We rode the train down to SJC today..it was so fun! We could meet on it - sometime!!