Last week we took our first ever road trip as a family. And I have to say, the kids did just awesome on the ride up. It was a lot of fun and I actually really did enjoy being held captive with my little family! The ride home was a little hairy, but we won't dwell on that.
To pass the time we played, "I spy with my little eye", sang to scripture scouts CDs, watched movies (we've never had a DVD player in our car before), colored with wondercolor markers (I'm convinced these were made especially for road trips), sang a lot of songs and ate a ton of junk!
Here's a glimpse into our life on the road for two days...
Not 15 minutes into our trip, the DVD player we borrowed from some friends broke. Lovely...but don't fret: our friends confirmed that the players were old and told us to not worry and to just chuck them; and thanks to Sears in Barstow we picked up a new set and all was well. Crisis averted.
Spencer got used to having a TV all to himself
It wouldn't be a vacation without the stink eye from our biggest stinker
A slurpy stop in 100 degree weather in Vegas was a must!
Spencer discovered there was street named after him
Just a little bored, but hello gorgeous mountains!
The kids started a game of who could clap the loudest with their feet. Leda won.
It makes me crazy to look back at this picture and see that Leda's five point harness was NOT where it should be...how dangerous! But she was happy as a lark coloring on her My little pony pages anyway:
Aaron and I decided that this guy here was surely trying to compensate for something.
A closer look at his license plate
Each time we crossed a state border we would scream and yell...and on this occasion we were finally in Utah and SOOO excited. Enjoy!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Road Trip
Posted by Marcy at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
haha, what a fun trip! I love the video's, they are hilarious!
I love it! Those last 3 seconds of that last video are classic!!
Love it! Leda face in the video of Chase is classic!!
HA HA! That is very funny. Glad you survived the road trip. They are always an adventure and full of the unexpected. Woohoo!
I can't believe that was your first road trip with all the kiddos. You look like a pro. Also I feel like a bad mom because we always turn on the DVD for Sawyer.
Ok, now I'm just bummed that I wasn't on that road trip with you. How fun! I'm so glad it went so well. Don't you just feel like a champ when it all works out well? And, don't worry about the way home...the way home ALWAYS is lame!!! Love the pics from your bro's wedding, too. You, your sister and new sister all look gorgeous. LOVE your purple dress, hot stuff!!! Missed you for sure. It feels like you've been gone forever!!!
Ahhh, that's where memories are made! Looks like you guys definitely had your share of fun!
Those videos were so cute! Your little ones are a bunch of hams and I love it! :)
Marcy you are so brave to do a road trip like this. One of these days I'll have to as well. I'm so glad you had a great time! We need to catch up soon. Can you run into me at Target or something!?!
Post a Comment