Our Leda Joy is four today!
Last night at dinner she said, "Mom, this is my last time eating dinner being three!" How funny is that?
What do I say about my little Leda lou? She lights up our home and brings us so much joy, it truly is fitting that her middle name is what it is. One of the most spiritual experiences I've had to date was when she was just a few days old and I cherish that memory. She's such a special and unique spirit.
I love that she is tender hearted...even though she cries and breaks down a lot (A LOT) it shows me that she's passionate and I love that passion and fire in her.
I love her eagerness to grow and learn. She is constantly drawing new pictures, asking me how to spell new words (most recent was "strawberry") and asking me to explain things from the world around her. Sometimes she teaches me a thing or two. Yesterday on the way to preschool we had an in-depth discussion about what happens when a skunk sprays you. She promptly told me that I'd need to soak in a tomato juice bath. She remembered that from a book that was read to her once. She's such a smart little girl.
I love that I have a girly partner in crime around our home with all these crazy boys. She loves to help me cook and make dinner (she's my spice girl and is in charge of all dumping), we love to paint our toes together, and we're good at it too, check it:.jpg)
and we are starting to shop together for fun. Last week when my sister and I were at the Mall with her in Utah she'd stop to look at something, gasp dramatically and say, "Oh, this is CUTE (and hold said item out)...or this is GORGEOUS Mom, look!" People all around us were laughing.
I also love that she's the only child of mine that has the attention span to sit on a couch with me and watch a movie in it's entirety. She's my little sidekick and she's a hoot.
I also love watching the bond she has with her Dad. There really is something to a daddy/daughter relationship. 
The only thing I'm asking myself today is of course, "Where did the time go?"
Leda,
I'm so blessed to be your Mom and I love having YOU as my daughter...how'd I get so lucky? Your eyes have always absolutely always captivated me and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to have you be "mine" and to be with you as you grow.
Happy Birthday my angel!
Love,
Mom
Friday, May 29, 2009
Happy Birthday Leda
Posted by Marcy at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Leda! what a fun post, she's such a cutie. and great job on the nails, they look professional for sure!
Love it...happy bday to her! This morning on the way to school I had an in-depth conversation with my girls about who they wanted to marry...it went from daddy, to the Young Men, to the Bishop, to dirt, to leaves...too fun...
Happy Birthday Leda!
What a sweet post. I can't believe she is 4. That means my little girl will be 4 soon. Scary! I hope she had a great birthday.
Oh and maybe next time you drive by Vegas you can paint my nails too. How did you get Leda to stay still that long? I always have to use the 60 sec nail stuff because she can't handle any longer. OH and thanks for your post. I can always count on you to understand.
Post a Comment