Yesterday morning began with a butterfly 'n berries birthday breakfast!.jpg)
Then we took a trip to the store to buy donuts to take to her friends at preshool. .jpg)
It's always fun to celebrate your birthday with friends at school. 
That evening we went to dinner at Pei Wei and had a great birthday meal! (Spencer was MIA at a birthday party for a friend).jpg)
.jpg)
Today Leda had her first birthday party with a few friends from her afternoon class at preschool and a few church friends. Thanks to my friend Christina (thank you SO much) we borrowed ALL her fantastic princess butterfly decorations. Holy cow was it ever cute and the girls loved it! Chase and Leda couldn't stop turning to look at the mural, it was so great!
The princesses after playing dress up.jpg)
We played "pass the slipper" to music (like musical chairs) where each girl had a turn to win a flavored lip balm if they caught the slipper when the music stopped!
We had a princess tiara pinata.jpg)
.jpg)
We made necklaces and bracelets with beads.jpg)
.jpg)
We ate a meal fit for a princess! (PB&J butterfly sandwiches).jpg)
.jpg)
Had to get a picture of me and Leda with the cake I made..jpg)
Pretty excited over her cake!.jpg)
We sang Happy Birthday and dug in!.jpg)
Opened presents: Leda was only a little excited!.jpg)
Our annual birthday picture in the same spot each year.jpg)
And lastly, the annual release of balloons with a birthday wish!.jpg)
.jpg)
Whew! All of this in 2 hours time and on a strict budget of $45 (thanks dollar tree and Christina)...not too shabby, eh? Thanks always to Grandma and Grandpa for helping out. Her first birthday party was a success I'd say!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
birthday festivities
Posted by Marcy at 5:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
what a cute party! I'm sure Leda had such a great day! I absolutely LOVE the cake!
so cute!!! did you make the mural in the background?? I LOVE IT!!
HOLY HOLY COW!!! All that for only 45.00?? Seriously? That is CRAZY!! I am so sad I missed it! Great job Marce! LOVE LOVE LOVED all of it!! Happy Happy birthday poopy!!!
Those pictures are the best. My favorite was of her breakfast! That was adorable! I will have to try that sometime with my girls!
Cute cute cute! I am so glad that it went so well! What a fun idea!
So cute! What a fun little princess party!
What a cute birthday!! Awesome!
SOOO cute! I'm totally copying every single part of that party for Payton's 4th. I hope you don't mind!! :) You are such a fun mom with such great ideas! p.s. I have that dress and I love it. Too bad for me you look way cuter in it! Dang!
I want to put on a princess dress and wear it all day long for my birthday. Anyone want to join me? Lucky Leda!
Post a Comment