This outing happened a few weeks go, but better documented late than never, right?
This was Aaron and Spencer's first father and son campout since Spencer was a 2.5 year old! The past few years Aaron has always been traveling on business around these Priesthood commemoration trips...so this year they were especially excited to be able to go.
Oh and I tried to convince Aaron to take our 2.5 year old son Chase (he's a boy and a son after all, right?) and so I gently reminded Aaron that Chase was Spencer's exact age at his first overnight trip...but then Aaron gently reminded me that even though they may be the same sex, Chase and Spencer are two very different children and that because of this, Chase would not be going until he was a year older. Point well made. I joked that I wouldn't want to be trapped in a tent with Chase either at this age. lol
I have to give Aaron props for taking pictures at all, but he failed to get a picture of the two of them together...or even of himself at all. Ah well, I'm grateful for these few shots that I have and even more grateful for the great time my boys had!
(click on picture to enlarge) isn't their little rock semi-circle in front of their tent so cute and clever? I got a kick out of it. .jpg)
Yep, that's the ocean right there behind the tents. It's hard roughing it in Southern California, aint it?.jpg)
.jpg)
My sweet boy has the best smile...it's just that you'll never be able to see it because whenever a camera is on him, this is the result we get. Always. Sigh ;).jpg)
.jpg)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Fathers and Sons campout--May 2009
Posted by Marcy at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, these pictures made me smile! I am so glad they had a good time! and the semi-circle rock "deck" was really cute! Very clever Aaron. Way to go!
I had to laugh at Spencer's fake smile. I hadn't even noticed it, but he's got the same one in your family pic on your header. G does the exact same thing!
That is hilarious Marcy...I was telling Wade that he needed to take both boys too and he refused! He said he will take Grayson next year, then i will get a break. Bennett had so much fun, and was excited that he got to play with Spencer. So cute, i need to forward you my pictures, i have a few of the boys.
Love the smile ;) I had to come check it out after talking about it tonight. He is still a cutie pie!
Post a Comment