(I told you I was behind in blogging. This happened a month ago, but it's kinda like my public thank you card and you're welcome to look in on it)
So how many of you would be humiliated to have your Mother in law to be going through your closets, helping you to get better organized?
Um, not me! Because as I've said before, I hit the MIL jackpot and I know she's not judging me.
Before her trip out here, I was expressing to her on the phone how much I hate the dreaded "rotation" of kids clothes. You know, going through all the kids clothing...deciding what is too small, deciding what to keep, what to donate, putting the keep stuff into bins, bringing down Spencers bins from the garage for Chase to start wearing, shuffling the bins around in said garage, making room for the new bins...blah blah blah. ugh. It all just gives me a headache. And I had put it off way too long. So Shirley (being the sweet mom she is) told me, "Don't worry about it until I get there, we can do it together!"
SO nice, right?
So this is my cute mother in law, jumping into the boys closet and helping me get the tedious job done. .jpg)
Lookie here! I have an entire shelf that has nothing at all to go on it!.jpg)
After we finished with the kids rooms, she asked what else needed to be done. I sheepishly said that my closet needed some tending.
So we jumped on that together.
She helped me weed out things I might want to donate, and then we folded and re-hung basically everything in there. I am proud to say that nothing in my closet is hung on a hanger inside out or backwards! (I have a terrible habit of doing that) .jpg)
Let's just say that by the time we were done (24 hours later) we had seriously done every closet in this house, every cupboard in this house...including the kitchen! I came down the stairs one afternoon to see that she had started on my pantry and cupboards all by herself! Yes, I know. She's the bomb..jpg)
.jpg)
So thank you Shirley for helping me spring clean my house. It feels so good to know that every nook and cranny of this place is cleaned out and organized. Well, except the garage...but that is SO Aarons job.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Spring cleaning
Posted by Marcy at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that is sooooo nice to have such good help! I hate spring cleaning and you have now inspired me!
You really are so lucky to have such a great realationship with your MIL. Sandy was the same way and every house we moved into (with the exception of our current house, she was too sick) she came and helped organize and clean every cranny! I really do miss her! She was great.
Ohmigoodness, that is awesome! I have to admit I really love organizing things, especially closets. I got excited when it was time to pull Kaden's clothes bins in from the garage for Paxton. However, as much as I love organzing, my kitchen cupboards are the most unorganized place in the house!! I just don't have the time or energy to pull everything out and start over, so they just keep getting messier! Next time your MIL is in town, PLEASE send her my way!!!
I too despise the rotation of clothing. Maybe you could send her over to my house because I have a LOT of cupboards, closets etc. that could use some "tending".
I am so with you on the clothes organizing...hate it, hate it, hate it...I always complain to Andy about it...I just did Charlie's last week...the boy is 3 1/2 months and is wearing 9 month stuff now...I feel like I'm constantly moving his stuff around and I hate it!
Post a Comment