Monday, January 26, 2009

All Lego'd out!

(warning: picture overload, but this is my family journal so bear with me)


On Saturday we threw Spencer his 6th birthday party here at our house. It was the first real birthday party he's had with multiple friends, and we had a blast!

He's really into legos this year. I mean, he's really into Legos. So when he said all he wanted was a Lego party with a pinata...well, I took the theme and ran with it!

The party table



The goodie bags (thanks goes out to my awesome MIL for all the help cutting out all the foam circles)



The Lego brick pinata I made with Shirley and Paul (My mother/brother in law)...cute huh? (it was my favorite and I had a hard time watching them bust into it, lol)



The birthday cake (I won't show you what a disaster the red brick looks like from the back...oh well, good thing 6 year olds don't care what form their sugar comes in)



We played "pin the dot on the lego"



We had a timed tower building contest, this was a hit!






Of course the pinata fun




We ate pizza, grapes and lego shaped fruit snacks for lunch



Sang Happy Birthday and dove into the cake



Opened presents...who knew that watching someone else open really cool presents was so fun?! His friends were so good to him.



Thanks to Grandma for helping us with the 17 guests! (between his Primary class, few friends in Kindergarten and the neighbor kids, we had that many, it was fun!)





Took our annual birthday family picture in the same spot as we do every year



And ended the afternoon with a "Spencer sandwich"



We can't believe this little boy made us parents SIX years ago this week. It just doesn't seem possible that he's this old. But we are really digging this age.

Spencer, you are one very cool six year old and we love you so much buddy!

12 comments:

Kat said...

Ah, so fun!!! I dont' think I'll let Bayli see this because she's going to realize what a big fat DUD her mom is, lol. You did a fabulous job. I'm impressed!

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!! I wish I could have been there with all of you helping you celebrate. Little do you know, Spencer, that your going to have yet ANOTHER HUGE birthday surprise this coming weekend and I can't wait!! You did a great job Marce, as always. You are so very creative. I wish I had HALF the talent you do!

The Hyer Family said...

Honestly, my poor kids...their mom will never be as cool as you!

Emily Judd said...

um WOW! you are amazing!

Marcie said...

What a cool party! Very impressive that you made the pinata and the cakes! I love the "Spencer sandwich" pic. :)

Elizabeth said...

that is such a cute party! You are so creative and I love the cake! what a fun mom you are!!!

Aubrey Messick said...

What a cute idea for a party Marcy! Looks like Spencer and his 17 friends had a great time!

Crystel said...

I can't believe he had so many guests! Now that's a party! You're so creative and you did a great job on the cakes. :)

Kim Messick said...

YOU ARE THE MOST AWESOME MOM! That is the coolest birthday party ever!!! You should win a prize or something for all of the homemade ideas! Send it in! You would totally win!
And that is awesome that you recorded it for your posterity...

Abi said...

Wow! You went all out! Nice job! The party looked like a lot of fun!

~April~ said...

Wow! That was awesome! Happy Birthday Spencer!

PJ and Julie said...

What a fun mom! (and dad). Not to mention incredibly brave...17 kids!!! Don't mind if in a few years you see a lego party post from me...and I've copied everything you just did for Spencer!