Let's just say that Spencer and I didn't have the best night tonight after dinner.
While I was giving the kids baths, I was trying to keep my cool (since I'd lost it earlier) as I began trying to explain some things calmly to Spencer.
I said, "Spencer, I don't like to yell, but sometimes I wonder if that's the only way you hear me."
His reply?
"Well Mom, all you have to do is get a loud speaker. Like the one they have at my school, then I would hear you, for sure!"
And then I lost it.
I laughed and laughed until there were tears. Nothing like talking with a five year old to remind you that they take everything you say quite literally.
Then Spencer started laughing too, and we quickly made up. Man do I ever love my oldest, and enjoy these moments where he reminds me that he's just a kid whose learning and trying his best. And that reminds me that I'm just the mom, whose trying to do the same. .jpg)
Spencer and me---July 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Talking with a five year old
Posted by Marcy at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so cute, Marcy. spencer is such a doll and you ARE
such a good mom.
Marcy you are such a great mom! that totally sounds like something I would say to Taylor, but normally she would just yell right back! I really need to work on that, seriously!!!
He is adorable! Kids say the darndest things!!!
ohhh, that made me laugh, lol.
You are awesome. I just love it when we are able to communicate and understand them a little better. I am sure we as moms wouldn't be AS frustrated if we just had one.
Very well said Marce- I can just picture Spencer saying that! Classic! He is the cutest kid! Miss you!
Post a Comment