Sunday, April 20, 2008

Okay, help me out: Family pictures!

Next week, we are going to Utah (yes, again, it's a long story) for a family reunion (of sorts) and it'll be the first time our entire family on my side (14 of us) will have been together in a long while, so we are doing family pictures up there.

What shall we all wear? What's your favorite color combo for a large family group? We are definitely doing dark jeans as we want a casual picture. The pictures will be taken outside at a park. Leda will most likely be in a dress, since she's the only girl and well, I'm taking advantage of that cuteness.

We don't want anything too matchy-matchy and we, as individual families, want to blend in with everyone else, oh and we want the adult women to look as skinny as possible and the kids to look their cutest. Not too much to ask, right?

Camille had the idea of browns and blues and we are considering that color scheme since that entire Bunker family photo (well, sans Camille, lol) turned out very nice. But any other ideas? If you've done something that works for you and your extended family, please do share!!! Pretty please?? I expect every lurker here to have SOME type of opinion on the matter ;)

8 comments:

The Glitter Sisters said...

Marcy, it was so fun to see you at the shower. We really do need to "play" more.

Okay so for family pictures, our family just took a photo in black tops (because a photographer we know said light colors bounce off under your chin and make you look like you have a double-chin) and we did khaki's for our pants, capris, etc. It was pretty matchy-matchy but it turned out really cute.

Also, we have done several shades of blue before and that looks good too. Good luck!

~April~ said...

I like the blue and brown idea. I love those colors together. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Hilary said...

We did a large family photo last summer for my parent's Christmas card and each individual family was in the same color. I'll email one to you. Even though you said you wanted everyone to "blend" and this is the complete opposite, still an option. Then my mom could point out each family by color in her letter. If your going to match somewhat, I like the brown and dark jeans idea. Just put some people in solid brown, some in patterns, or do various colors of brown. That would be cute!

Emily said...

I'm a big fan of BLACK...OR any dark SOLIDS (I'm not to hip on patterns/prints in professional group photos). The blue & brown idea is great because it gives you more options. Good luck!

Hillary said...

What about khakis and greens? Or blues and greens? Blue and brown sounds great, too!

Kat said...

I think the most important thing is that everyone is in solids. My thing with pictures is that everyone individually looks better wearing what they're comfortable in...ya know, what they feel fits them the best. If you put a specific color on it, it can make it hard for someone to find something that they really like. My family has given up on "matching" (too many of us now...even the same colors can clash once you get them all together), and we just go with wear what makes you comfortable (but it has to be solids!) I also liked Sara's idea of just sticking with the same color family to give everyone more options.

Emily said...

Hi! I love brown and denim...I'll email you a few photos.

Marcy said...

Thanks everyone! I decided on the blues/browns. My mom and I went shopping today and we're really happy with what we picked out for the kiddos. It's not too matchy/matchy and it blends well. So thanks for the ideas and help!