Friday, April 18, 2008

Girls weekend in Seattle!

One of the many perks to marrying Aaron, was becoming part of his incredible family. I have been blessed with wonderful in-laws, who have welcomed me since the beginning 9 years ago. I really love them all.

So Lisa (Aarons older sister) works for Alaska airlines part-time (while still raising her five kids, and home-schooling them, and oh, did I mention that her husband is Bishop?-whew!) and she got us gals a discount on flights (thank you Lisa) so we could all meet up in Seattle last weekend!

We'd never done this before, and it was my first time to Seattle. I don't get to see my sister-in-laws often, and never without kids, so we took advantage of every opportunity and really crammed a lot into a three day weekend. We ate, and shopped, ate some more (Ivars clam chowder anyone?) saw some beautiful sites, saw an i-max, took some tours, laughed, stayed up til 1am most nights, ate, read books, had breakfast in bed, shopped, ate some more--even driving the streets of Seattle looking for a late night dessert snack. Such a fun memory. I hope we can make this an annual thing ;) thank you to our husbands who took off work to watch the kiddos so us girls could go play! There are 11 kids between the three of us girls, so thank you to our husbands who held down the forts at home!

The first day, it was bright blue skys and mid 70s. Just gorgeous. Good thing we had planned to do the Space Needle that day. The view was perfect up top.



The view from top of the Space Needle


The Marketplace



I got to hold a fish and wave at my kids via a live webcam. They thought that was SO cool. They even saw me kiss the fish (thanks to the guy standing next to me who shoved it in my face...didn't get that shot on camera)



Tulips are my favorite flower. Also my MILs favorite, so we visited the Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon (an hour north of Seattle) held only once a year around this time. Oh my goodness, take your breath away gorgeous!






Lindsey (Aarons little sister), me,Lisa (big sister), and my mother-in-law, Shirley



Red tulips are my favorites...Aaron hardly bothers with roses. I've always thought tulips were more beautiful.



Can't leave out the daffodils! They were just as gorgeous. Seriously...fields everywhere!


Rainy day on the pier at sunset



The outlet stores did not dissapoint...



More shopping...



We all LOVE seafood and couldn't get enough! YUM!



Oh, and the tulip rows. Isn't that gorgeous?

16 comments:

~April~ said...

It looks like you had a great time. I wish there would have a been a good reason to stop and see me though. I feel sad that you were that close. Oh well, I was sick on monday anyway. The flowers are gorgeous!

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Seattle is gorgeous, if I do say so myself!! I'm so glad the fields were in bloom for you, I had heard it was too early and got nervous. I always love when you find the one yellow tulip in with all the red ones. Am also glad the weather was AMAZING while you were here...check my blog to see what we are experience just ONE week after your visit!! Best outlets ever right?!?!?

Marcie said...

What a fun weekend! The pictures of you with the tulips and daffodils ARE gorgeous!

Marcie said...

P.S. Gavin and I looked back at Spencer's bday and we both loved his cake! You did a great job! So fun.

Emily said...

So glad you had a fun time with your in-laws! I've been looking forward to seeing your pictures and they're beautiful!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh Marcy- those pictures make me so homesick! I'm glad the weather was nice for ya- it looks like you had so much fun! You look so cute in the tulip pics :)

Hillary said...

How fun! Glad you had such a great time!

SUMMER said...

WOW- you are so lucky! 1st Utah and then Seattle? You are living the life girl!!! Looks like a BLAST!! I need a girl's trip!!! And glad you liked the Sprinkles... I worship them!

Charlotte said...

Man, I live in Seattle for SEVEN years and as soon as I move away you come visit;) Glad you had a great trip - right now is seriously the betst time to visit. You made me really miss it - sniff, sniff.

Sara Decker said...

A girls weekend sounds so fun right now. Good food and shopping. Sign me up. Glad you had fun.

Roney Family said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I love all those flowers!!!

Lisa Webb said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! I love tulips (my fav flower) those flowers were way better than the ones in Carlsbad! Also the guy with the fish looks alittle to comfortable in that picture! Anyways it been weeks since ive seen you, lets get the boys together for a play date or a beach day soon!

Erin said...

My dad's whole side of the family lives up near Seattle. I love Ivars, and I miss it tremendously! And did you love all of the pine trees lining the highways? Sigh...

L said...

Gosh - those pictures of the flowers are gorgeous!!!

Tracy said...

Sounds like you have a lot of friends in the Seattle area. I would've welcomed a visit too, but I understand that when you're on a girls weekend you've got to go with the group. We live about five minutes off the highway in between the Tulip Festival and the Outlet Stores. Both are local favourites for me. Next time you'll have to stop and say hi! Glad you had good weather for your trip!