Emily Boyers birthday was yesterday, so I'm late getting this posted but only because I was out of town, so I have a good excuse!
We've been friends for just about twenty years. That's just craziness! How are we old enough to have been friends that long? We met in Jr. High, grew up in the same ward in church, went to High School together, seminary (most days, lol), did swim team, went to dances, and share so many wonderful memories. Too bad I wasn't a great picture taker back in the day...since I don't have many. Sigh. But these were a few fun ones I thought everyone would enjoy seeing--since so many of you know and love Em!
Thank you for your friendship, and I'm so glad we are lucky enough to live by each other during THIS phase in our lives. Who would have guessed we now get to share this time together having and raising children? You are one of my best friends--like a sister, really and I love you! And yes, Hilary (the one I wrote about a few posts ago) is in almost all of these too. The three of us just migrated towards one another back then! :)
Em and I goofing off in the car on the way to a Formal. Too funny. I love your face here Em, and that was my favorite dress you ever bought for a dance. It looked so great on you. .jpg)
Prom our Senior year (1995).jpg)
I can't recall where this was taken, but I have written it was in 1994.jpg)
Em came over to help me get ready for a dance that I was less than thrilled to be going to (despite the grin on my face). I was actually laughing here at Em's joke. She felt silly taking this picture with me since she wasn't dressed up, so grabbed one of my Teen magazines (lol) and pointed to a picture of this girl and said, "This is what I'd look like if I were going!" Emily always knows how to make people laugh..jpg)
This is classic. We ditched school this day for a few hours to drive to San Clemente High School so we could decorate Jeff Ginn's car to ask him to a girls choice winter formal dance. We had SO much fun this day, I totally remember it! Ahh, Em, look at my red Mercury Tracer in the background. I think I got in my first car accident later on that week. lol.jpg)
Em,Hilary and I at the beach before we all left for college. Or maybe it was the winter break we were home from college? Either way...good times..jpg)
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Happy 31st Emily!
Posted by Marcy at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Kevin's car in the background of one of those pictures made me laugh!! It really is crazy that the three of us have known each other for 19-20 years, think about that!!! Happy Birthday Em, you got your posting, hee hee ;)
I love all of your old-school pics Marcy!
Awwww, thanks Marcy!!!
WOW...could we have been any hotter in High School?! (is the heavy sarcasim coming through?) How sad that I still have that black, formal dress in my closet. And I believe we were at Saddleback bowling lanes in the picture where Hilary is exposing herself. ;)
So sweet, Marcy!!!
I love the old school pics and I also love emily! She is so awesome! Love you to Marcy!
Yeah, thanks for the picture where I am exposing myself...I meant to bring that up too Em!!!
I HAVE SOME GEMS OF YOU TWO FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!! I WILL HAVE TO BRING THEM OUT!!
I loved all those memory pictures! Happy birthday to Emily!!!
Post a Comment