Friday, March 14, 2008

Tower of Terror!



So yesterday we went to Disneyland/California Adventure with my folks, brother Rob and his girlfriend Blythe (down from UT for the weekend) and we had SUCH a great time. Aaron's still in Texas, so we missed him of course. This is the first time I've been to Disneyland since Leda was about 6 months old. Since that time, Spencer has really grown up and has learned to love thrill-rides. Not sure who he got that from as Aaron and I don't particularly love them (we hate Magic Mountain) but we can tolerate and enjoy the coasters at these parks.

So the only ride I haven't been on between the two parks is California Adventures: The Tower of Terror. Aaron has asked me repeatedly to try it out, to which I've always said no, or had the excuse that I was pregnant, lol. Well, yesterday my brother Rob (very persuasive) somehow convinced me, Blythe AND Spencer to give it a try. HOLY COW. I hate drops, so I hated EVERY MINUTE of the darn ride...but Spencer absolutely loved it!

This is a picture of a picture, but you can get the idea. We are on the back row: My Dad, Spencer, Me, Blythe, and Rob. As Rob said, "Look at Spencer! Calm as a summers morning!" lol...we were dying at how composed he is in this shot. He loved it and wanted to go again, nevermind the fact that his legs were so wobbly I had to carry him off the ride at the end ;)

I think Aaron and I have a little daredevil on our hands! More importantly I think I have now created a little "tower of terror buddy" for Aaron...so these two can have some father-son bonding time next trip to the park. As for me? No way, I'll be waiting for them at the exit.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

You're funny. I went on a ride last summer called The Panic Plunge, which drops you, oh, probably 200feet straight down, and I thought I was going to leave my children motherless for sure. I'm all for amusement park fun, but not the death-defying rides!

Charlotte said...

Wow, that picture is def. worth 1000 words! Spencer is hilarious - can't believe how calm he is. Love your expression too (that would totally be me).

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

That is too funny. I love it!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

The first thing I noticed was little Spencer just sitting there like nothing was going on! lol.

have you really been on EVERY other ride?? That's crazy!

Barbara said...

That is hilarious that Spencer is totally chill in that picture - like he is thinking, "What is the big deal?" Haha. I love it. And I TOTALLY have shakey legs when I get off scary rides! Can you carry me too?!

Hilary said...

Still a ride wuss huh?? Remember when I got SOOOOO sick at Disneyland and had like 102 fever or something?? Magic Mountain is still one of the few things I miss about So Cal. We have a poor excuse of a place here, but when it rains 9 months out of the year, there's really not a demand for a BIG theme park :P

Lisa Webb said...

I can't believe someone talked you into a ride like that. We'll have to go together I NEVER go on those rides, I HATE them. Why are drops so fun. Nope not for me! Hopefully Landon is as good as Spencer so derrick can have his buddy to!