Yep, we did it. It was going to cost way too much to replace my old beasts (wink wink, cousin Em) transmission and it wasn't worth it. The only thing we loved about our old 97 Dodge Grand Caravan was the fact we had no car payment. Aaron and I have been lucky enough to have never had a car payment in our almost 9 years of marriage. Yep, we had a pretty good, long run. But it was time and Aaron found us a sweet deal.
Here is our 2005 Toyota Sienna with 42,000 miles on it and rides like a dream. We basically have bumper to bumper warranty for five years, so I can sleep at night knowing that we should have no car troubles for at least that long. Oh and we had a bluetooth installed since beginning July 1, 2008 in the state of CA, it will be illegal to physically hold your cell phone while driving. The bluetooth is SO cool and it's so fun to use! Oh and babe, I solemnly swear from this day forward to keep my new van clean and uncluttered! ;)
My sweet husband could sense that I was tense while signing all the paperwork (I do our family budget and yes, I was stressed) and leaned over to me and said, "Hey Marce, should we be celebrating this occasion or mourning the fact we have a car payment now?" and it just made me laugh out loud. I'm such a worrier and he's always the optimist. I chose then and there to be GRATEFUL for this opportunity to have a new car, thankful for my husband who provides and I choose to celebrate! So here's my way of celebrating in this picture. YAY we have a new car! YAY it's brand new to us and I'm excited! Whohoooo! Oh, and yes for those who might notice...it is just about the same as my moms...same color and everything. Yep, now we are twinners--the kids are so confused (hee hee). They climb in and are like, "Wait, is this grandmas car or ours?" It's pretty funny.
.jpg)
8 comments:
Yay for a new van!! It looks pretty snazzy! And I'm glad you chose to be excited instead of worried!
Welcome to the world of car payments! I can't believe you went this long without one, so crazy. Don't you just love a new car, makes you smile getting into it everyday. AND a warranty, you'll LOVE that :)
Congrats, I am so excited for you! This is going to be some nice freedom. What an awesome Christmas Gift!
Looks awesome! Hooray for you! (boo for payments!)
Ooooh - sooo pretty Marcy!! I'm so jealous! Merry Christmas to you:) Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday.
Nice! I love Toyotas...I totally know what you mean about having a car that is reliable! My last car was always having some kids of a problem..Congrats!
And a Merry Christmas to you!!! Those new minivans are great aren't they!?!
Post a Comment