Friday, December 21, 2007

Savior of the World


Since August, I've been participating in practices for our Stakes production of "Savior of the World" that we presented last week to our Stake and community. It was an incredible experience. We've been practicing so much, and working so hard it was very rewarding to see it all come together and be a success. Thank you to my dear husband who was a single dad to three kids all day-EVERY Saturday (8am-3pm sometimes longer) since August and basically every night these past two weeks. I wasn't a main part or anything (those awesome, talented people worked longer and harder) but I had the chance to be a townsperson and an angel in most of the play and it was so much fun. The music is so powerful and we felt the spirit at every practice and performance.


"Savior of the World" is a 2 hour musical drama about the Saviors birth and his resurrection. This script was carefully reviewed and every single word and music/song had to be approved by the first presidency of our church before it could be produced. The play first started being performed at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, UT and just this year was allowed to be released to stakes to allow them the opportunity to perform it.
My mom was the Producer and she's worked so hard. I was so proud of her and her efforts. It also allowed me to grow closer to others in my stake. But most of all, I felt I drew closer to my Savior. I am now more than ever, aware of His sacrifice for me. I felt His hand in this play and am so grateful for the sweet experiences that I am not able to even articulate on this blog. This was no small feat! If you click on the link, you can get a better idea of what was involved in putting this production together. A stage was built, sound system was rented, costumes were all hand-sewn, the list goes on and on. I can't say enough about all these people who worked so hard. Anyway, in all my ramblings, I do have pictures to share since many of you have been asking, so here they are! We performed nine times, with a live orchestra (all comprised of people from our stake-we have such great talent!) and they sounded so beautiful. I wish you all could have seen it! And thanks to those who did come to support our efforts. I'm so glad that I had this experience before Christmas. It has definitely reminded me of the true meaning for the season.


For those who are interested, here are more pictures taken by Mandy Bourne's husband. What an amazing photographer and I'm so glad to have them! By looking at a few of these professional pics, you can get more of idea of how the stage and the costumes looked. Pretty incredible, I think! Nah, I'm not biased! lol









MY PICTURES:


This photo is bittersweet for me to post and write about. My sweet friend Ruth Ellen (far left) had a stroke a few weeks ago. She had practiced faithfully with us since August, and was able to perform for three out of the nine performances before she fell ill. Today I found out that she passed away. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to have met her. She lived in a different ward, and I know if it hadn't been for this production, I wouldn't have met such an incredible, sweet woman. I'm so grateful for my knowledge of where she is now. I'm sure she's happy, reunited with her husband, and I know she loved being a part of this production. She will be missed.



My "mom" and my "daughter" in the play. We had a LOT of fun together! Me and my GIRLS! Kristen, where were you when we were taking this one? I had so much fun with these women.

Oh and last but not least, I have to give shout out to my amazing mother-in-law. I seriously lucked out in the in-law department. I LOVE them and am so blessed! My mother-in-law flew out here all the way from Montana to see this production. She wanted to support me and my mom. Isn't that the sweetest? Thank you Shirley for your visit. I love you!

1 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Okay, I'm just getting around to looking at these. I love that first picture because it looks like you and the angel next to you have halo's over your heads!! Did you notice that? lol. Love it!