Friday, August 24, 2012

First day of school 2012

Leda and Chase are the only ones excited for this school year. Leda more so than Chase. In fact, she broke down a week before school was to start because she was SURE she was starting that day and that I was off a week on my calendar.

Leda was extra excited to be assigned to Mrs. Allemon's class AND to be in the class with her neighbor friend Bailey. So imagine the pit in my stomach when I got a call from the Principal himself the Saturday before school started to tell me that he got permission for a fourth 2nd grade teacher and Leda was to picked for the new class. Ack! The good news: Class sizes are now 23 instead of 33. That is outstanding! But my heart hurt for Leda since I knew how excited she was for Mrs. Allemon. But like most things, it's in the presentation, so Aaron and I sat her down and told her with enthusiasm that she was picked for a brand new class (yada, yada) and she responded great! Whew!

First day of school, August 21, 2012

Walking to school with neighbors & friends is so fun!
Spencer, Kolton, Bailey, Leda & Ellie


FOURTH grade in Mrs. Allreds class. Spencer is VERY into shoes lately, and had to have these Tony Hawk high-tops. He also was thrilled to find this shirt and wear it the first day. Funny how all of a sudden things that weren't important (fashion) become important to a 9 year old!
SECOND grade in Mrs. Mendez's class.  Since our cat Jack died, Leda has been ALL about cat things. So when she saw this shirt in the mall on vacation in AZ, she just HAD to have it. And since I wasn't buying her anything else for school this year other than a book bag (that she opted for instead of a backpack), I let her have her blinged-out cat shirt!


Spencer warmed up to the idea of school right as he walked on campus to the fourth-grade line ups and SO many kids were calling out his name left and right. "Hey Spencer, hi!! What class did you get? Good to see you, man!" I think it made him feel good. Seeing old friends is always fun.

Spencer & Gabe

Natalie & Leda
The first day of school went SO well. Kids happy, mom happy (minus a few tears shed) and it's good to be back to a routine even though I would have loved the summer to continue for a few more weeks. I love the ages my kids are at now and we had SUCH a good summer. But here's to an even better school year!

My kindergartner begins next week. Oh my!

0 comments: