Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012

I'll be honest and just say that Easter Sunday---the actual day, wasn't the best day. I don't wanna get into it for fear I'll scare all future posterity.

But you know how things just don't seem to go as you have planned in your head and things go wrong---one thing right after another? Ya, that was it.  And the reason we don't have a family picture of us this year. Oh well. Things happen.

Oh! And to add insult to injury: I hard boiled 24 eggs that morning, prior had bought this super fun NEON egg dying color kit I'd never even seen before and we NEVER got around to doing the eggs. My kids, at 9, 6 & 5 never dyed easter eggs for their Easter. Aaron suggests that they'll live. I'm not sure I'll ever get over it. Sigh. Again, it was an interesting day.

But there were some lovely things that happened this day that I do wanna remember, so here it goes.

Kids woke to Easter baskets

I love living so close to a $1 store. With the exception of the book, and silly bandz...everything was just a buck each! And the Easter Bunny brought the candy :)


After church (which was the highlight of the day) I snapped some pics of cute kids.


9-year old Spencer sporting his pink tie we bought in honor of Grandma Joy and which he wore to her funeral. He loves it!

6 year-old Leda wearing a $17 Costco dress that I'm so in love with, I can't stand it.

5 year-old Chase (wearing Spencer's old Easter shirt. Love it)


And Easter Egg hunt round 2 with cousins. Our first Easter celebrated all together in oh, about 6 years? Loved that! Uncle Rob & Aunt Blythe hid the eggs this year. And not that easy, I might add!





Philip & Carrie's oldest son McKay, he's almost 13! Whoa.

Philip & Carrie's 4 year old son Gabe

Philip & Carrie's only daughter Jane walking to her first Easter Egg. She was SO darling!
Then we had a SUCH a good dinner. We all contributed....easy peasy. 

Momma & my brother Rob

Moms hard-boiled "chick" eggs. Adorable!

Pina Colada cupcakes. Um, I'm a chocolate girl, but OH MY these are SOOO delicious. It's ridiculous.


Precious

The Valadez fam

1 comments:

camille said...

oh my gosh, I miss you so much! I have not looked at blogs in forever and I went right to yours and it just made me miss you SO badly! Ok, for my comments...

We did not dye Easter eggs on(or before) Easter Sunday either. Don't even worry about it. We did, however, do it the following Sunday and that was just fine. Seriously, I wanted to just forget about it, but those kids would NOT let up!!! Anyhow, if you still have the kit then get to it, girl! It's fun no matter the day.

That dinner looked freakin amazing and I wish I was eating it with you! love you!