Motherhood is such an interesting job, isn't it? There are some aspects of the job that come somewhat easy to me and others that I don't deal with well at all.
Well, in the 7 years 3 months since I first became a Mother, I've learned that I'm squeamish around two things. And it's not obvious things. I mean, it's not puke or even the other end stuff that gets me.
(sorry to be so blunt)
It's the following, ready?
1. clipping fingernails
2. loose teeth
Yep, I'm a wuss. Aaron's words totally...but it's fitting, I know. And I'll own it.
So Spencer came to me after school on Thursday to tell me that his bottom tooth was really loose and he wanted me to look at it.
(insert sweaty palms and rapid heart beat)
So I looked, and indeed it was loose. So what did I do?
I called Rhonda Hynek. My "go-to" person for almost everything and in her other life: a dental hygienist and Spencer's first-ever-tooth-puller.
Well when she wasn't available (how dare her?)---I told Spencer to wait until Dad was home. Fast forward a few hours and one CrAzY dinner experience later...there was NO way Aaron was going to put forth the effort to pull a loose tooth and delay bedtime. So Spencer went to bed a bit upset.
Poor kid. (but don't feel too bad for him, he was 99% of the crazy that night)
So Friday came and truth be told, we all forgot about the tooth--Spencer included. Aunt Kiki was in town from Utah for just a few days (sans kids!) and so in all the excitement, we just forgot about it...that is until dinner with the family at California Pizza Kitchen.
Here we are, enjoying a nice dinner and all of a sudden Spencer yells, "I DID IT! I PULLED MY TOOTH OUT!" and that was that.
What a champ! Pulled out his bottom-left tooth all by himself in between bites of pepperoni pizza..jpg)
Go Spencer! Looks like you're not a wuss, like your Mother. I'm so proud.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Motherhood and loose teeth
Posted by Marcy at 6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Spencer!!!
So glad I was there to witness this event! Way to go little buddy!
Post a Comment