Monday, February 8, 2010

We're fancy around here...


Speaking about breakfast, I mean.

Confession:

Sometimes I let my children have a "picnic" on the floor, in front of the TV, so that I can get some things done while they eat. You see because they are much more quiet and better eaters when they are zoned out to the television.

Oh, and while I'm being honest: When I say get things done, I mean allowing me time to check in on my emails, blogs and facebook. In that order.


And yes, that is gum on my 3 year olds plate that apparently he pulled out of the cupboard himself this morning while I was walking Spencer to school and Aaron was upstairs.


Let's see:

-A fancy breakfast of English muffins and peanut butter
-kids zoning out to "Monsters vs Aliens"
-allowing my three year old to chew gum in between bites of breakfast

and it's only 8:14am.

I'm shooting for the Mother of the Day award today. I think I'll have no problems earning it.

UPDATE at 2pm this afternoon: I was supposed to be librarian today for Spencer's 1st grade class. This is something I do EVERY Monday at 1pm...should be a habit by now, eh? Ya, well after dropping off Leda & Chase to preschool, I stopped at Trader Joe's to poke around a bit, came home & made myself lunch, checked in on emails and at 1:47it occurred to me that I was supposed to be at library 47 ENTIRE minutes ago. Seriously?! Good thing I just got an email from his teacher telling me "no sweat", but I feel SOOO bad.

Yep, no problems at all earning that award today. Not at all!

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

i love it. don't worry, I definitely do this too. :D

The Hyer Family said...

Uh, what's the problem? :)

Carrie said...

Ditto what Shannon said. What's the problem?