Monday, February 1, 2010

Leda


Just now I asked Leda to go put on some shoes before she went out back to play with her brothers.

Here are the shoes she chose:


I guess I should have clarified...though I do admit that she walks in them better than me.

And while on the subject of Leda. This morning while cuddling in bed I asked her, "When you get bigger and you're a Mom, how many kids would you like to have?"

Her reply? "30. I want my house to be real busy!"

And last, while driving in the car this week, the Rolling Stones song, "You can't always get what you want" was on. After listening to the chorus a bit she said to me (totally serious), "But Mom, you can!"

Now lest ye think she's a spoiled brat, I asked her what she meant and this was her reply:

"Well, I mean if you want the pink crayon when you're sitting down to do coloring, then you just get the pink crayon. If you want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich for lunch, then you just ask your Mom to get it for you. See? You can always get what you want!"

Oh, to be a carefree four year old!

7 comments:

Valley Girl said...

What a little doll!
I wish my deepest desires were pb&j....

I think she and I are kindred spirits... I would totally prefer to play in heals!

Carrie said...

That little girl!!! She is so stinking cute I could just kick her!! I tell ya, I am going to steal her and NEVER give her back! I just love her to pieces! That picture of her in your heels reminds me of when we use to dress up in moms and grandma Leda's heels and walk around the house. Oh, those were the good ol days! To be a kid again and just want a pink crayon and a PB&J.

Unknown said...

I love it. What a sweet conversation. You just want to keep them innocent as long a s possible eh? I hope she will always feel she can do anything she wants or dreams. No matter how old they get, it's always easier with a little help from mom and Dad. We miss you guys. What an awesome mom. Did you get the calendar? I just wanted to make sure I didn't send it to the wrong address.

Joy said...

Wow. 30 kids? LOL! That's quite a goal. She is so cute.

Emily said...

Too cute! i love that first picture of just her cute feet on tippy toes on the wood.

I need to ask Leda what to do if I just want a million dollars.

Keli and Mike said...

She is such a cutie! Kids say the funniest things!

Alicia said...

What a funny wise 4 year old she is!