Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunbeams!

Leda reminded me this morning that she was essentially passing on the torch to Chase.

Meaning, that because she was moving on up to her new CTR class (aka: "the BIG class, Mom") now "Chase can go to my Sunbeam class with the little chairs, okay?"

Okay Leda. Thanks for explaining to me how it all works.

Chase knew something exciting was going on today. He knew this because I'd gone out the day before and purchased his first little Book of Mormon for him to take with him to Primary. He now gets to carry one like his siblings do.

(the carrying case is coming, as I have yet to bust out my new sewing machine I received back in August for my birthday, but don't fret, if it turns out, I'll blog about it. You know I will)

Chase was looking forward to going to Primary because he got to go with his siblings. I was a little afraid he'd miss the church nursery, but nope! He wanted to be with his big brother & sister. It was all very sweet. They didn't even fight all morning long. Shocker.


My bubs before church:


And after: All decked out in his most darling sun necklace and "I am a Child of God" crown. His teacher (Sister Allen) said he did exceptionally well (whew!) and that he was particularly thrilled to receive his treat at the end of class. He got a lifesaver because they talked about Jesus and how Jesus is a life-saver. Chase told me that. I wonder if he's taking it literally? And if he'll ever look at a lifesaver again in the same way? lol


I cried happy tears on my way home from church because I was so grateful to be listening to all the excitement coming from the backseat from each of my children. They were talking about their new classes, what "CTR" means (Choose The Right), how it was neat for Spencer and Leda to see Chase in Primary with them sitting in the "little" chairs and how Leda is sooo big because she now gets to sit on the "biggest" chairs in Primary. Who knew chairs were such a big deal in Primary? I sure didn't!

But hearing all these things? Priceless.

(It almost made me forget that Aaron is on day 5 of a 9 day business trip, almost ;) )

I am so grateful to belong to a church with such an inspired and fantastic youth program that's called Primary. I'm filled with gratitude for those who serve my children and do it so well. Grateful that after their Primary years are over at age 12, they get to move up to be apart of the Young Womens and Young Men program where they get to learn even more. Today I just feel happy. I'm grateful for this church that I belong to and grateful for my cute, proud, new Sunbeam!

Here's to a great year!

3 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Yay! I love Primary :) I'm still the pianist in our ward.

camille said...

I read this and got misty! I had the same experience after church with Payton and Kai. Payton was so proud and Kai even prouder of her and himself. I love Primary, too. Such a blessing to have our children be in the exact right place at such a young age! Love it!!! xo

Tracy said...

Speaking of Primary, are you still serving in the primary? I've been the 1st counselor in every ward I've lived in since I left Aliso Viejo. I guess the Lord wasn't done with me yet and moving wards was no escape! So, I finally thought that my term was up after so many years in the Primary Presidency, and you'll never believe it, they called me to be the President! So, I know I've got at least another 3 years to go! I love Primary though, so it shouldn't be too bad of a ride.

By the way, we went private on our blog. Email me if you want an invite. I don't think that I have your email address. tracyburnham26@myfamily.com