Monday, January 4, 2010

CTR

Tonight Chase had something of Leda's. I told him he could hold it for another two minutes and then he had to give it back.

Two minutes later:

Me: "Chase, give it back, please."

Leda: "Ya Chase, give it back...remember Choooose the Right!! Wait, (looking towards me) um, what does Choose the Right mean again?"

This little conversation had me thinking the following things:

1. She learned and remembered at least half of something in her new CTR class yesterday, bonus!
and
2. No matter what (& especially in times when she can assert her bossiness) Leda will always be looking out for her little brother.
(Oct 2009)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it Marcy! that is soo cute!

L said...

YES! I do want that recipe! That would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

The hike we went on might be a little too challenging for the kiddos, but I know that there is an easier trail there - I think it's about 3 miles, and doesn't have a huge, steep incline. I'll have to find out about it for you.

I just spent however long catching up on your blog. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! It is so cute - I love your stories, and your writing... you are so talented, and your kids COULDN'T be any cuter!! I just want to squeeze all of them! XOXO!

L said...

Thanks Marci, you are the best!! It's laurahulse@gmail.com.

camille said...

That is the way to look at it. Too often I think we get sidetracked that they don't remember EXACTLY what they've learned or what not and the reality is that, with their little growing minds and all they need to take in, remembering the IMPORTANT part is total success. Your kids are so awesome and such good little kids....just like their mom!

L said...

I posted that recipe on my weekly meal planner (hope that is okay!) - I can't wait to indulge! I love your idea of making it casserole style -- that is perfect! :)

Thanks again Marcy!