We celebrated a week early this past weekend because Daddy will unfortunately be MIA for his real birthday.
This year is Spencer's "family-only" party where he gets to invite one friend to hang out with us to celebrate his big day. I had the genius idea to go bowling as a family (FUN!) but Spencer had his heart set on good old Chuck E. Cheese because, "I can win LOTS of tickets and get to win cool prizes!"
(Okay, buddy. I guess you are only turning 7 so I'll let you believe, for at least a few more years, that Chinese handcuffs, pencil erasers and tiny little plastic army men are still cool prizes.)
So off to the mouse house it was (along with everyone else in the city),Spencer's BFF Garrick, and our good friends Michelle, Jim and their daughter Mackenzie (Leda's BFF). Oh and of course no family party would be complete without Grandma and Grandpa.
Spencer requested a General Grievous (Star Wars) cake for his birthday. What? Why do star wars characters have to be so ugly---and detailed? I had grand plans for this cake in my head, but just couldn't get the details executed. Oh well. I ended up drawing a simple sketch on a piece of paper, walked into the room where Aaron was sitting, held it up and when he said, "Oh, that's General Grievous" I said to myself: perfect. I'll throw away all other plans and do a simple sketch. Done.
happy son + yummy cake=mission accomplished!
Here's a peak into our night:
Look closely at Aaron in the back beside the two boys and you'll see where Spencer might get influenced to throw away a perfectly good picture taking moment by making a funny face or not smiling at all. I give up.
And yes, The birthday boy looks ticked (or constipated?) and the button of his jeans are undone, but hey, it's the only family shot we got that night so it's a keeper.
Happy Birthday Buddy!
2 comments:
how cute! i bet spencer had so much fun and I love the cake, you did a great job!
Very cute. I bet he loved it!!! Happy birthday Spencer! You're such a good mom.
Post a Comment