Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Grateful!

This Thanksgiving I was grateful that my brother and his lovely wife Blythe (of 6 months!) were here visiting us from Utah...


grateful to learn that all three of my children loved shrimp cocktail as much as Aaron and I do...





grateful for downtime with Daddy and holiday specials on TV


grateful for a patient Grandma who let a three & four year old roll EACH and every dinner roll.



grateful for the best Turkey EVER. Seriously, it was so good. Way to go Momma! (and thank you Barefoot Contessa)


grateful for a beautiful dinner with friends and family


grateful that Spencer finally had his two front teeth pulled the day before so that he could enjoy eating again...



grateful for my incredibly loving & handsome husband even though he's clearly not capable of taking a serious picture with me despite my best efforts...


and finally, I'm grateful this year for my happy and healthy family. Can I take a moment here to reflect on the word: healthy? This is (no joke) the first time in FOUR consecutive years that NO ONE threw up on day of Thanksgiving! Guess it was a good thing we got the Swine flu out of the way the week before Thanksgiving so we could all enjoy the actual day. Go us!



I hope all of you, my family and friends, had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Please know that I love and appreciate you all.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm grateful for a wonderful, loving, BEAUTIFUL (see picture of you and Aaron... OH. MY .GOODNESS.)caring, compassionate sister who is such a WONDERFUL, creative, loving BEAUTIFUL ( again, see picture of you and Aaron) mom to her kids.. and mine too! I was so sad not being there, but SO glad everyone was healthy this year! And, did I mention this already? That is a STUNNING picture of you with Aaron. Notice how I said WITH Aaron. The pic of him, well, not so much, but hey! It's a DARLING picture of you, you HOT MAMA!! Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya babe! Miss your guts like you wouldnt believe!

Barbara said...

You are so cute Marcy. I am thankful for you and our friendship. :) I am glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving that was throw up free!

brooke said...

Love the last pic of all of you guys! I'm glad you escaped the Thanksgiving sickies, even if it meant you had to have them the week before! Looks like you had a great time.

Alee and Brandon said...

Hey Marcy,

Thanks for the kind words! Not that I'm glad others have had high need babies, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!!

Marcie said...

Cute family pic and hurray for good health! :)

Keli and Mike said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great Thanksgiving! The pictures are adorable!