Spencer lost his first tooth this last Thursday, October 29th. It is all very exciting how it happened.
His teeth have been loose for a while now (come on, he's almost 7!!)...but they are stubborn little things (much like my son) and haven't budged no matter how hard I work with them!
So this past week, Spencer and I are walking hand in hand to school to attend his first grade parent/teacher conference and we ran smack into my good friend Rhonda Hynek. Rhonda used to be dental hygienist in days of old, so I had a brilliant idea to have Rhonda take a look at this loose, stubborn tooth of Spencers. She looked, and then what did she do? She grabbed a clean napkin from her glove compartment in her car, told Spencer to open wide and with one quick pluck the tooth was OUT!
And that was that! lol
Who knew that my friend Rhonda, who I met when I was pregnant with Spencer would be the one to eventually pull out my sons very first tooth while hanging out of her car window in the school parking lot. Very cool and Spencer was thrilled!
That night before bed we read to him a new book entitled "My tooth is loose". I found this book a while back and have been waiting to pull it out (no pun intended) for such an occasion as this. The book even comes with a cute storage tin inside for you to put your tooth in for the tooth fairy. Get yours HERE. It comes in boy and girl versions. Very cute and reasonably priced too!.jpg)
Check out his "window" that he's so proud of.jpg)
And here he's getting all ready for the tooth fairy.jpg)
So, what does the tooth fairy bring to your kids? Spencer's tooth fairy brought him $2. I think that is a very smart tooth fairy, but I'm curious what happens at your house? So please leave me a comment and let me know how she works in your neck of the woods...okay?
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The tooth fairy
Posted by Marcy at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah! Lauren lost her first tooth a few months ago and my friend Denise pulled it out! I couldn't bring myself to do it...she got $3...I did manage to pull the second one out myself, and she got $1...we had warned her that the tooth fairy brings more for the first tooth, but not as much for the rest...works for us! Yeah Spencer!
So cute! The tooth fairy has a long time before she gets to visit our house so I love hearing about it in your family!
I got the exact same book for Kyler. He loved it. I wish I would have gotten the pink one for kamaryn at the same time. Oh well.
I love the excitement of the first lost tooth. And i LOVE that Rhonda got to share in the excitement. We are a cheep tooth fairy house hold 1$, but the fairy does leave a note.
wow he is getting old! he looks so much like aaron here!
My oldest has lost so many teeth its ridiculous. The TF leaves $.50 for every tooth left under his pillow. He loves to collect the different state coins.
But he's also had to have 3 molars extracted by the dentist, and the TF has left $10 each for those. (Such tramatic experiences, poor kid.)
Congratulations Spencer!
Post a Comment