Monday, September 7, 2009

The rest of UT in pictures...

I'm getting lazy. How, with a broken camera, did I still manage to take so many pictures?!

Here are the rest of my pictures from Utah with a blip about what I want to document.

Family BBQ in Provo Canyon



The setting


The cooks


The ladies


The game: Frisbee


The grub: Juicy Lucy's...oh my! (thanks R&B)


The happy eaters





McKay (10) and Carter (6) started school while we were there. Here's their first day of 4th and 1st grade



They live directly behind the elementary school, so each morning we'd watch them walk to school from Aunt Kiki's back patio.



Here's a zoom in of the above picture so to better see our morning ritual:




I snuck away for a few hours to meet up with my friend April who I had never met in person before (long story) I love you my friend!


Pleasant Grove Pool is THE BOMB! We hung out there a lot. It had three ginormous pools, diving boards and even 2 waterslides. WHY don't we have that locally? BIG SIGH.

Gabe in all his cuteness


Chase being Chase

These boys couldn't get enough

Spencer took his first jump off a diving board! Uhhh, ouch, right? He didn't complain. He's my toughest kid.

He finally got the hang of it by this jump. He was having a ball!

Aunt Kiki took Leda on her first BIG water slide. After screaming the entire way up AND down...at the end she decided she loved it.


My turn with Leda


A close up just cause you have to see the excitement of Leda's face. Ahh, love it! Good times.



Not captured in pictures: Our night out to BYU to catch the play "Joseph and the Amazing Techincolor dreamcoat"; shopping trips to Shade, Downeast and lunch at Cafe Rio; late night shake and malt runs to JPs (that's where I gained 3 pounds on this trip); Sunday Dinner at Uncle Dennis' with most all the cousins and last but not least: my sleepless nights thanks to my stinky kids who decided to be afraid of Monsters & the dark during this trip.


Thank you Utah and Aunt Kiki & fam for a wonderful time. A lot of work without Aaron and we did miss our daddy for 11 days, but SO.MUCH.FUN and so worth it!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes! Fun indeed! As I look at the pictures of the pool, I get a pit in my stomach because... the pool closed for the season yesterday! NOOOOOOOOO!!! That means fall is coming and soon after that, snow!! Blasted snow! We did have a good time. Thanks for bearing with me for 11 days without Aaron. Next year, Bear Lake!!

~April~ said...

Aww. Thanks for posting me Marcy! Love you too!