Monday, September 14, 2009

Mother of the year

Tonight I was walking out of a store, hand in hand with Spencer and Leda. I squeezed their hands and said,

"I still love you guys even though you're crazy!"

(crazy meant in a fun, playful way mind you...at least in this case at this exact moment in time)

My darling daughters reply?

"I love you too Mom, even though you yell"

Yep, Mother of the year award, right here. Right here.

Sigh. Chuckle, then big sigh.



I have so much to work on when it comes to being a Mother....but don't we all, right? Right? Make me feel better here. You deserve a (insert sarcasm) Mother of the year award some days too, right?

10 comments:

Kat said...

Why Marcy, I have no idea WHAT you're talking about. I would NEVER need a, ahem, Mother of the Year Award. hahahaha, ok now that the laughter is dying down and I can be heard... Yeah, I know that I probably deserve one of those coveted awards at least once a day. So yes, much to work on, much to work on. But what a fast little mind Leda has--she's a funnny kid (and pretty darn cute, too).

The Boyles said...

Marcy, you're kids are so well behaved and fun, but most of all they are happy. That's the most important thing right? I think you're doing a fabulous job!

The Hyer Family said...

You know the little golden mother on the statue they give out at the "mother of the year" awards? They asked me to pose for it...I was the perfect model.

Carrie said...

Oh, Marce- your WAY to hard on yourself! We ALL have our days, hours, seconds, whatever. You are a fantastic mom and it shows. Your kids know you love them and they know they will be taken care of. That is what counts. So what if you yell! Don't we all??!! Love ya sis!

Elizabeth said...

haha, that is soo adorable! but sad, because that is totally something my kids would say to me! i yell way too much unfortunately!! you are such a great mom Marcy, dont be so hard on yourself!! :)

brooke said...

Marcy that is hilarious only because I can see my kid saying the same thing some day! I'm a yeller too, even though I don't like it but hey, we're all doing our best here in what I see as the hardest job on earth!

Aubrey Messick said...

Oh Marcy. This definitely got me laughing. She LOVES you and her, you deserve a Mommy Of The Year Award. Your kids are just too cute. :)

Barbara said...

Yeah well, at least you aren't teaching your 2 year old how to swear. Yep, mother of the year award goes to me. I'll have to tell you that story in person! So yes, it happens to us all my friend. :)

camille said...

that Leda is so quick on her feet! Haha...too funny! Yes, I have moments like that ALL the TIME!!! That is hilarious!! You are an awesome mom and deserve an award with no sarcasm involved! xoxoxoxo

L said...

LOL... YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOM!!!!