Yes, it's all very exciting.
For those who don't know me at all: I LOVE Halloween.
Love, love, love it. Walking down the isles at Target and Walmart this time of year looking at the abundance of cute (not the dark, awful ones) decorations, seriously makes my heart skip a beat and makes me deliriously happy.
And Aaron makes fun of me each and every year for it, but I sooo don't care.
I love the holiday, so BRING IT!
On Sunday we (okay, I) decided to add some additional decorations to our front yard, so we got busy stuffing 24 little pumpkin bags (that were 50 cents on clearance last year--score) with crumbled up newspaper. This way our existing stuffed ghosts (that have lasted us 3 years) won't be lonely anymore!
The kids were digging the task at hand: .jpg)
I'm gonna make them all love Halloween as much as I do. Muahahaha!.jpg)
And our finished project---voila! .jpg)
(and for the record, I despise these uneven trees/bushes/hedges in our front yard, but every year I do appreciate how they hang our holiday decor so very nicely)
And just in time for the October festivities, we have our very own "Charlotte" who has moved into our backyard (kindly way up high above our patio umbrella) but you have to check her out!
(actually, if your name is Emily Boyer: don't. You've been warned).jpg)
Can you believe how BIG this sucker is? YIKES!.jpg)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone, let the countdown begin!.jpg)
I can't wait to see my little Ninja, Ariel and Doctor (all scored for $30 including accessories, thank you very much) in just 30 days from today.
Yahooo!
And for those of you looking for a yummy October-ish treat, why not try a Pumpkin Pie Milkshake? Visit my friends over at OUR BEST BITES to see their lastest creation. I can't wait to try it!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
It's OCTOBER 1st!!!
Posted by Marcy at 7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I feel the same way. Halloween is the best. I can't believe its time to get the decor out already though! I miss seeing your door decoration in person. Miss you guys!
IS THAT SPIDER FOR REAL?!?! WHY IS IT STILL ALIVE?!?! IT LOOKS LIKE IT COULD EAT LEDA!!!!! (now I feel like it's crawling on me!)
so cute Marcy! i LOVE halloween too and I can't wait to decorate with my kids! ya that spider is nasty, i for sure would have it killed (by rob of course)!, otherwise I'd have bad dreams about it!
You are hilarious! You motivated me to go out and at least get one Halloween decoration. Ha! That spider is so gross, Jared would have screamed like a baby if he saw it.
Gwenyth is going to be Ariel too! It's so fun to see your kids in costume, huh? :)
Halloween is one of my favorites too! And that is one GIANT spider! Don't know if I'd keep that one around for any of the decorating though!!!
I have to confess, I saw your door decoration and made myself a copy on our band saw... loved it!
So cute, I love halloween too, we scored our costumes at the dollar store this year!
-K
You are so great, Marcy! What a fun mom you are! I miss you! Can I come make Halloween stuff with you, too???!!! FUN!
Your house looks soooo cute all decorated! It actually felt like Autumn to me when I was there the other night!!
Post a Comment