I know it's only been weeks since we'd decided on "Science experiment Sundays" at our house, but it's been a lot of fun and we've noticed a more harmonious (ie: not fighting) home here on Sundays after church. Yay for that.
This past week I thought we'd make soap bubbles and was walking the isles of Michaels with Spencer for glycerin (who knew that'd be so hard to find?) when by chance I came upon their $1 paint/craft section. Holy cow is it cool! Spencer and I quickly decided that building and painting a model of some sort would be way more fun than soap bubbles. So model airplane/ship building we did!
I had to get creative when we discovered we only had 3 paintbrushes for 5 people...but hey, it worked---even if Aaron did make fun of me.
Leda, Chase and I worked on one together and Spencer and Dad on another. I think it's self explanatory whose project is whose!.jpg)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sunday craft
Posted by Marcy at 5:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
what a fun craft and what a fun mom you are! that's such a great idea!
So cool! We made the lava lamps this afternoon. McKay and Carter really enjoyed it, and so did I! I loved seeing their faces as they created "lava"! Melted my heart! Now on to the next experiment!
Very, very sweet. Have you seen this blog?
http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/
Thought you might like it for "Sunday Craft" ideas. Who knew you could make your own sidewalk chalk?! (it's an older post)
:) Em
(not Matt)
I love the crafting/science projects you are doing...i am totally copying.
You are the cutest mom ever Marcy!!!
BTW, I LOVE your family pictures -- You look beautiful! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are so darling!!!
hat a great idea. I am going t copy. It's the highest form of flattery you know. Love and miss you!
Juliet
What a great idea! I think we are going to adopt that idea!
Post a Comment