I woke to a breakfast of scrambled eggs, crumb donuts, turkey sausage and these three turkeys.....jpg)
I cried over Spencer's Kindergarten card and the fact that he totally on his own had gathered together his siblings and had them make cards for me. In each of the envelopes he'd even thought to drop in a few coins from his piggy bank. lol. I was quite impressed at Spencers thoughtfulness to include Leda and Chase. It was very sweet and another sign to me that he's growing up. Oh and Aaron scores major points for a sappy card and buying me the cute pair of sandals I'd spotted at TJ Maxx the day before :)
Then we were off to church. Check out my beautiful corsage---my first one, I loved it!.jpg)
There, Spencer and Leda sang to me in Sacrament meeting with all the Primary children. It was Leda's first time. She was bashful (what?) and needed me to walk her up, but once she was there she did fine. Spencer doesn't sing much (well, not at all)..but it's okay, I still felt the love.
After sacrament we received this from the ward. I had to take a picture. Check it out: .jpg)
I can hardly stand that it has duct tape on it! LOVE that...and gotta love the men for doing it and making us all laugh!
Then it was off to Grandma and Grandpas house to present our "Grandma's Day cards".jpg)
.jpg)
Then our men prepared us some really good grub. .jpg)
It was reeeally good. Here's a closer look....jpg)
So there was my perfect day. Quite literally, it was a perfect weekend. Probably the best weekend I've had in a long, long time.
I'm so grateful for family and all the women in my life who have influenced me for the better.
Happy Mothers Day!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mothers Day
Posted by Marcy at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Sounds like you had such a great mother's day! I loved your dress yesterday by the way, you looked so pretty!
oh and your new picture of your family, it looks like your pictures that lisa did turned out really cute! I like the yellow shirt!
What a perfect Mother's Day! You kids are sweet and so thoughtful. Oh, and I LOVE the family picture on your header. LOVE it!!!
okay I totally saw the duct tape but it didn't register until you mentioned it! How funny! I think I was so excited about the chocolate part. :-)
I saw your corsage yesterday and thought it was SO pretty! Especially with your purple dress!
Glad you had a good mother's day!
Hey...I think the dress is the same one on metrostyle.com (this website has it in an apple green also, as well as the 3 colors on overstock)...they look like they are exactly the same...I love it and am trying to let myself by it!
I can't get over the duct tape! That is SO funny. Kudos to your ward for giving you chocolate. We got a talk by a GA. I mean, great, but c'mon- just give us some freakin' food! The men always get apple pie or cinnamon rolls or something and we get a single stem carnation or a talk. Boo. lol.
and LOVE your blog header. Such a darling picture!
Happy mothers Day! I loved your pic of you in bed with all your kids! How sweet of your fam, you've got a good one!!
Duct tape??? I skipped the chocolate this yr so I totally missed that...I love how practical men are.
I mishgt have to snag the same sandals from TJ Maxx...I loved yours!
so cute Marcy. I realized as I was going to bed that night that I didn't get ONE photo with my kids that day!! Can you believe it? If I'm not taking photos, we don't have them, so I guess I'll just have to use last years photos! :-) I started a blog, you'll have to help me though, it's pretty boring!
You are such a cute Mother!!! I love your blog! And your blog header! Happy Mother's Day! I know I'm late, but I was just checking in...
Post a Comment