I didn't get many pictures of Christmas this year because I was fighting a cold and feeling pretty miserable that morning. Of course now I regret that I didn't just suck it up and snap more shots, but oh well, here are the ones I got. We had a lovely day...as always when you are spending it with family at my folks house. It was fun to have my brothers girlfriend Blythe here with us this year. She's so great!.jpg)
The way our Christmases work is: Santa delivers stockings to our home, but presents get delivered to Grandma and Grandpas house. We love that they enjoy having us (and the mess/chaos we bring) each year to their home on Christmas day and smother our kids with love so we get a break..jpg)
Thanks Uncle Rocky for spending so much time reading Leda her new Princess book (and not pictured: building so many Legos with Spencer), you are so very cool. .jpg)
And last but not least, here is Spencer so excited to give his gift to Grandpa (a homemade key chain).jpg)
and I kid you not, only minutes later...Grandpa is asleep and missed the last half hour of present opening. It cracks us that he can nod off during such an exciting time! .jpg)
But in his defense, he's an organist and for the last 35 years has played at a midnight service on Christmas Eve for The Church of the Angels in Pasadena...so we get why he's tired, but it's still funny to us all that we always seem to find him dozing off in this exact position (not matter the noise) each and every year.
I hope your Christmas was as exciting and lovely as ours! We missed the family we didn't get to see this year and look forward to Aarons folks coming in for a visit next week. Christmas round 2. We can't wait!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas
Posted by Marcy at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How cool that you get to go to your parents house to open presents every year. I am sure your kids just love that. It is cute how your dad falls asleep during the opening of presents. My dad always has to take his nap right afterwards. :) I'm sorry you weren't feeling very well. I really enjoyed your lesson yesterday, great job!
Seeing those pictures makes me very sad that I missed it all this year. I wish I was there. That said, it looks like you had a great time! And seeing those pictures of dad, man, I can picture what he is saying! Thanks for posting!
Those pix made me miss all of you guys there too! I'm glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Aren't traditions great?
I LOVE that picture of your dad asleep... priceless!!!
Your kids look so happy! What a great Christmas! I didn't know that was your dad! I recgonize him from my makeup artist days, isn't that Hilarious! Sad I missed your lesson on Sunday, I heard it was awesome! do you want to come over and do a special repeat lesson?
Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I too love that picture of your dad asleep . . . it reminds me of what my dad does on Christmas as well :)
Looks like you had a wonderful christmas! I love all the pictures!
Post a Comment