Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Vegas, baby!

A few weeks ago during dinner, Aaron broke the news that he had to go to Vegas again for a work Conference and he'd be gone for 5 days. But in the same breath as him announcing his departure, he suggested that I fly to Vegas and join him for a few days since he'd already booked the hotel room.

Uh, yes please!




So with a lot of effort (man, I'm really important around here), I found places for our kidlets to be for 48 hours (A HUGE thank you to Rebecca, Kristen, and of course Grandma and Grandpa) and I was off for a mini vay-cay with Aaron for the first time in two years!



Course, Aaron did have to attend his conference from 8-5 each day, but that didn't stop us from partying it up each night! And I have to admit, I rather enjoyed (borderline loved) having a full day all to myself. I slept in until 9:15, took a long bath and watched The View on TV at the same time, walked to the nearest mall, was there for four straight hours and even had lunch alone and loved it! Just me, my sandwich, killer sweet potato fries, a magazine and my book...all alone in a corner booth. HEAVEN.

At night we enjoyed buffets, sites from high up places (that made my palms sweat), the lobbys of some really cool hotels and staying out until the wee hours of the morning soaking in alone time.



Our hotel room:


the bathtub that I wanted to take home with me:




The last night we were there, we went to see a Cirque Du Soleil show playing at the MGM Grand called "Ka" It was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed the show from the music, really cool and CRAZY acrobatic stunts and the fireballs that were routinely shot up into the air every few minutes throughout the show.



So thanks Aaron for working so hard at your awesome job that I know you love, thank you to your employers who wanted to send you to Vegas to get smarter, and thank you for allowing me to tag along for a bit. SO fun.

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

how fun! I'm so glad you got to go, that sounds like so much fun going shopping and eating by yourself! isn't it so hard to come back to real life after those couple days?!!

Laura Ek said...

Wow, how fun! Your hotel room looks amazing! Glad you got to get away!

Roney Family said...

Lucky girl!

Crystel said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to get away for a little bit. The hotel looks great and how fun to have some alone time too!

camille said...

What a hot couple you are!! That looked like a VERY VERY fun trip! I am so happy for you that you got to do that. It really is a must when you have kids to get away with your man and feel the flame, eh?! That hotel looks PIMP!

The Allen Family said...

That sounds like such a blast! It's always so good to have that time to yourself and just your husband! I'm so jealous but you deserve it!

Angela said...

Oh that looks like tons of fun!!! I totally know what it feels like to just need some husband and wife time! Kids are great and all, but it's so important to get away for a couple days and treat yourself to some much needed vacation time! I'm glad you had tons of fun and took pictures!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

oh how FUN! Jealous of your weekend away, one day I will get one too (maybe??) lol.

The Hyer Family said...

Wow I'm jealous...can't even put it in words...I just lived vicariously through you during that post...I totally get the alone time thing...I love going out to eat or to the movies BY MYSELF...it's priceless...

Carrie said...

So glad you got to go! Looks like you had an amazing time!

Sara Decker said...

Love Birds! I want that bath tub too. And your explanation of being alone that day sounds great, any alone time is awesome. Looks like you had a fun little get-away. I need one!

PJ and Julie said...

What a fun trip! And even better that you got to leave the kids at home! I am happy to hear it can happen...it just might take a few years.

The gadget that you want to add is the "Blog List." Then you "Add to this list" and you'll need to put in everyone's URL, i.e. pjandjulie.blogspot.com. So I opened up another internet window of my blog so I could click on my existing links to get everyone's URL and put it into my blog list. Maybe there is an easier way, but that is the best I could come up with.

Alisa said...

What sweet room! I'm glad you guys had fun. Every couple needs something like that, now if only i could find someone to watch my kids for 48 hours. One day it will happen!

Oh and i love the pictures you guys took, adorable!

Aubrey Messick said...

What a fantastic trip! Vegas never sounded so fun!!! :)

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

I can't even begin to tell you of my jealousy.

Meli T said...

How are you transitioning back to life away from that kind of indulgence? I'm jealous. Glad you got some quality time with the hubby, without kids and with yourself. I don't see that anywhere in my near future. Ug.

Valley Girl said...

looks like you guys had a great time!!! your room is beautiful!

ok when did carrie have another baby??? I thought she was done. glad to be wrong! and i have to say Ledas hair looks darling, it is a great cut;-)
miss you guys.