Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight



Tonight as Leda, Chase and I were driving to go pick up Spencer from a birthday party, we saw a gorgeous sunset!

The following was my conversation with Leda--

Leda: "Ooh, look at the sky, it's my favorite colors: pink, orange and blue! Look at all that pink, orange and blue...that's just beautiful, all those colors together!"

Me: "Wow, it is beautiful, Leda!"

Leda: "Ya, mom, we really, really have to show Spencer this, he will lllove it, I can't wait to show Spencer, can we show him mom, can we?"

----

It just warmed my heart that one of the first things she thought of was wanting to share this with her brother. It was one of those little moments you have with your kids from time to time, that you want to remember, so I decided I'd record it here.

Yes, these two siblings can fight; oh boy, can they ever fight. But in the end, Leda loves her big brother and wants to share with him the things that make her happy.

This fact, in turn, makes me happy.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Leda is so sweet! I can picture her saying that too. Give her a big kiss from Aunt Kiki! Love you Leda!

Aubrey Messick said...

Thats is just the sweetest thing. I think it all stems from a good mommy who shares the things she loves with her kids. :)

Lisa Webb said...

oh that is a sweet memory to record, and share! I love it! I will agree with the previous comment you are a great mommy!

BTW i haven't seen you around much, landon and chase should have a playdate soon, call me!

xoxo lisa

camille said...

that is so sweet. Isn't it amazing how those little moments make life worth living.

~April~ said...

That picture is gorgeous! I'm jealous. And how cute that she wanted to share. Aww.

Happily Ever After said...

How sweet, isn't it nice to know your kids love each other? Warms my heart.

SeeCampbell said...

Wow, I wish I had seen this. Was it from smoke in the sky? I was gone last week. I heard it was hot!