Wednesday, October 29, 2008

High School tag

I found this on a friends blog and liked it...so here you go!

Plus, my laptop has given up the ghost and I can't get to any of my recent pictures (grrr) so this will be a good post filler for the time being while my awesome techy husband figures out how to bring my laptop back to life.

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes, but like one does in HS, you think it's serious and thought I'd die when he moved on and dated someone else, but I lived through the ride! Funny though, I never really dated-dated my main crush!

2. What kind of car did you drive? A trusty red Mercury Tracer with red interior even. Jealous?

3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Hmm, tricky question. You see, I passed my behind the wheel driving test on the first try, but failed the written. I can't lie on this post since I have friends from HS that will call me out here if I cheat!

4. Were you a party animal? If you call hanging out with really cool mormons and always getting home by curfew a party animal, then yes.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I'd say yes if Ricky Jordan was around (I sooo was going to marry that guy)...but no not overall. The "flirt" title" is a three-way tie between Merissa, Hilary and Emily...or maybe it should just go to Emily Olsen (Boyer) ;)

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir. And yes, I loved it...even though it wasn't considered cool.

7. Were you a nerd? Actually, I wasn't. I was so much more outgoing in HS, but like I said, I was in choir and some of those Jazz Choir getups were a bit nerdy!

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Yes, I made varsity swim team my sophomore year and was SO proud of that! I used to think my letterman jacket was the coolest thing EVER!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No way!

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Uh, did DHHS have a fight song?

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Woods, Mr. Mikulics and an English teacher my Senior year who I can't recall his name now.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? We drove to a pizza joint at Dana Point Harbor. Was it called Z-Pizza? Man, I so can't remember these things! But I do remember that pizza was $1.25 a slice...an extra .25 cents if you wanted Ranch dressing to dip AND I recall my first car accident returning from said Pizza joint. Oi.

13. What is your schools full name? Dana Hills High School (Dana Point, CA)

14. School mascot and colors? Blue and White. Our mascot was a Dolphin. Tough, eh?

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Junior year I went with Jeff Ginn and Senior year I think I went with Ricky Jordan...or was that Winter Formal? MAN,I'm bad at this!

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Maybe for a day or two or even a few weeks,I realy did enjoy my HS years...but no way would I give up what I have now to go back. Life is too good right now.

17. What do you remember most about graduation? That all my friends and I wore white Jack Percels (no socks) with our dresses/skirts and thought we were SO cool! I remember my friend Shannon Smith (Hyer now) coming to surprise me from Pasadena and made me a blanket for my dorm room. I also remember being very sad to be the only one (well, besides Meg) NOT going to BYU as I felt USU was where I should be going. I moved to UT a week after graduation when I was just 17 years old. Man, I was just a baby!

18. Where did you go senior skip day? I think most every week there was a senior skip day. ;) My mom was the cool mom and would call me out of school as long as I was passing each class. So we'd go to my house and hang out. Sometimes my mom would order us a pizza and put tomatoes on top cause that's my favorite.

19. Were you in any clubs? No

20. Have you gained some weight since then? Um, considering I was 5'8" and not even 100 pounds when I graduated (and two teachers thought I was anorexic) uh, yes....I'd say I gained some weight! lol But I do think I look better than I did back in HS. Just ask anyone who knew me way back when--I was a skeleton. Blech! Though I'd take that skeletons flat stomach these days...but nothing else!

21. Who was your prom date? Junior Year Andy Normand, Senior Year, Brian Yang.

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? It has already passed and no I didn't go since I had just had Leda two days prior. Good reason to skip it, don't you think?

23. Did you have a job while in high school? My first job was at Subway, and the remainder of my HS career I worked at the Mail Room. I loved working there!

Man, it's funny how much you forget in 13 years! YIKES. 13 years. Seriously?
You can see some HS photos of me if you click HERE and HERE...if you're very bored.

2 comments:

Emily said...

ME a FLIRT?!? I don't think so! And by the way...not Z Pizzia...BEACH CITIES pizza. We need to go back sometime!

Hilary said...

I think the fight song was something like "Go, go, go you mighty Dolphins. Fight, fight, fight to win the day. We are rough and we are tough"...can't remember the rest...does that sound right?!?! Wasn't it listed on that cement thing by the stairs when you headed down to the football field?? HAHAHA!!