Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kindergarten part two!

His first official day. He was READY!


He wanted a picture taken of his backpack. Who knew this item for school would be such a big deal?


He's looking a little nervous (though not admitting it) while sitting on the wall waiting to go into his classroom. At least he's in the same class with his friend Logan (to his right) from church. Also in his class (also from church) is Maggie Roberts (not pictured) so Spencer's set with some built-in friends already!


Even though this wink wasn't on purpose, it still makes me smile. I know I'm biased, but I think he's such a cute kid ;)


He got to be first in line by the way he was sitting and thought that was SO cool! That's his teacher Mrs. Brown who he says, "is nice"...he's already a man. He doesn't elaborate much for me. lol

He had a great day! From what I got out of him, his favorite was playing at recess; though didn't get a turn on the bikes as the line was too long (bikes?!), he loved eating his lunch with friends, got to read some books, color, and earned a stamp on his hand for being a good boy today. He can't wait to go back tomorrow!

And for those that wonder how I did today, well, I'm pretty proud of myself. I got choked up as he walked away, but I didn't bawl-----until I got home and talked to my sister on the phone. She simply asked how it went and that's when the tears flowed. Maybe something about hearing my sisters voice in combo with realizing my "baby" is old enough for Kindergarten. But don't worry, I pulled it together. Here's to a great year!! I'm so excited for him!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Man! I got teary eyed AGAIN! There is just something about your first born going off to school for the first time. With Carter, not one tear! But seeing pictures of Spencer, looking very proud, VERY handsome and sportin his awesome batman backpack, man, gets me every time! You'll be great Spencer! Have a FABULOUS year! Love ya bud!

camille said...

oh how cute are those pictures. I love the one on your previous post with you walking across the street with him. I would die for a shot like that of me and Kai! Spencer is so awesome...he will rule the school!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

What a big day for you guys! He is such a cute kid. Does he have all day K? I didn't realize this. And what is the deal with the bikes?

Lisa Webb said...

spencer is adorable!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love it. He is just such a sweet boy. The backpack is by far my favorite. I know he will do so good,i can't imagine reese going to school, but i know it is not that far off. sad and happy at the same time!

~April~ said...

What a cutie!!

Aubrey Messick said...

He is so adorable. Marcy, I can't believe you're old enough to have a kid in Kindergarten. How crazy. And COOL backpack Spencer!

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you held it together! It's so hard, and I wish it got easier. Just wait until 1st grade starts! Putting Kyrie on the school bus that first day just about did me in.

He's so cute! And for the record, Kyrie never elaborates on her day for me either. If I ask her who she sat by at lunch, she'll roll her eyes and tell me she sat by the same person she sat by yesterday! lol. Kids.

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Glad you both made it through the first day! ;)

The Glitter Sisters said...

So cute! I'm feeling really guilty now as I'm looking at your blog because not only did I not shed a tear as I dropped Autumn off at school...I didn't even take one picture!

And yes, they get bikes (well trikes)! I saw those today as I was dropping off Autumn and I was thinking about what we had in Kindergarten...ummm 4-square and hopscotch anyone?

Aubrey Messick said...

Hi Marcy,

So glad you loved all the San Fran pics and my FAVORITE red jacket from Antrho! They just got it in for the fall so I'm sure there's one waiting for you on the rack right now! Hurry! :)