Thank you for being my best friend since I was 13 months old, even though Mom tells us that I tried to seriously hurt you many a' times by flipping you out of your infant seat. (I don't believe her).jpg)
I'm so grateful for our bond of sisterhood, the deep connection we share and the fact that we still talk 3-4 times a day on the phone despite living thousands of miles a part.
Thank you for my three devastatingly-handsome nephews, and for being the amazing Aunt "KiKi" that you are to my children. Boy do they ever love you. They walk around on their play phones often, pretending that they are talking to you---telling you about their day. No joke, and I just love it.
I admire your strength to move away and start a life for yourself in a new place. I admire the courage it took to support your husband in going after his dream job. I admire your willingness to be unselfish of your time and get down on the floor with your kids to play with them often. I admire how compassionate and considerate you are of others. I also appreciate how supportive you are of me, and the confidant you are for me.
I'm just grateful for you and I love you so much, it's hard to put into words. I remember once in my teens, I wrote a note to Mom and Dad on your birthday, thanking them for having you. Man, am I ever still thankful!.jpg)
Happy 30th Birthday, my dear! The nice thing about getting older, is knowing that you are following right behind me! So welcome to your thirties, glad to have you here with me! lol
xoxo
totally unrelated: doesn't the above baby picture of me look like Chase? In this picture we are the same age. I know most everyone says Chase looks just like Aaron, but I've always said he looks more like me in my baby pics. Usually people laugh when I tell them that, but come on now, he looks like me, doesn't he?
Friday, September 26, 2008
Happy Happy Birthday, Carrie dear...
Posted by Marcy at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Thanks Marce for making me cry today. I too and grateful for you and the relationship that we have. I love you to pieces and am glad your my sis! Thanks for the post. It means a lot.
One more thing..... OH MY GOSH! I never realized how much Gabe looks like me when I was a baby!! Holy cow!!!
Ok last thing, promise. I never realized this at the time, but did you notice in the picture of you and I (the last one you posted) we are matching? Blue tops with a white cami under? Crazy. Ok that was it.
Happy Birthday, Carrie!!! You are missed down here, but I'm so glad you & your cute family are happy! Hope your day was wonderful!!!
There's NO WAY Carrie is 30!! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday Carrie :)
And yes, Chase does look like you, but I thought that before seeing the baby picture.
Chase DOES look just like you in that pic. How cool! That was such a sweet post about your sis. You guys are both so lucky to have each other. Happy Birthday, Carrie! 30's rock!!!
What a sweet post! I love the saying "a sister is worth a 1,000 friends". It's so true.
Cute picture of you two! Matching, even! lol. My sisters and I always wear the same shades and sometimes even show up wearing the same shirt!
Aww, Marcy that was a sweet post and yes you look so much like Chase.
Happy Birthday Carrie! We thought about you on the 26th since you and Emily share a birthday. We miss you so much but are really happy life is so good for you in Utah.
Carrie looks the same as a baby as she does now... So cute!! Happy Birthday Carrie! I LOVE her.... such a sweetie!
Post a Comment